Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies leaves Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

It's emerged this afternoon that factory Yamaha MotoGP star Ben Spies will part company with the Japanese firm's team at the end of the 2012 season. In a short statement on Twitter, the Texan, whose achievements include winning the 2009 WSB title, said: "I'm extremely happy to push for the rest of the season to my fans and myself[…] Next year...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 July 2012 17:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Weak

Oh, c'mon Wosi. So instead of actually defending your post or any statements that you made that were shot up by me and Pacey you try to criticize my post structure and now slide out the backdoor with a "Ben Spies has turn into a Pussy" comment. What does that have to do with you talking about "Jorge needs to do this" and "Jorge needs to do that?" I'm not Elbowz - calling Spies a pussy isn't gonna make me go ape shit or gonna into a mind numbing rant. lol. But what it does show is that after further consideration you know you post was hypocritical garbage.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You're right, as always..I'm a cunt.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

nice one RD ..... elbowz has gone quiet of late .... maybe he's about to announce he's quitting MotoGP too?  lol

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

rawdog

Raw I think you should have another read of your last few posts. They are a little one sided and sound a little silly tbh. 

Saying stuff like " When has Rossi ever played on a level field? The other side of the coin says Rossi never beat Jorge on equal kit". Rossi never beat anyone on equal machinery. Once again you are tossing absolutes around like an insecure girlfriend. 

Get your tin foil helmet off, your brain is starved of the neutrinos . You claim that Jorge didn't get the same equipment as rossi till 2010. Craze matey, did you see Yorge first three races in motogp 2008, pole position, second place in his first ever race.

I don;t believe you honestly think that Rossi injuries don't have an effect on the results of the rossi vs Lorenzo for Lornzos championship. I love both Jorge and Rossi and I was bummed out when rosssi was injured cause I wanted to see mad battles and who would win that year. Unlike you RD I would be happy if either of them won the championship cause I support both of them. Lorenzo has even commented that he would have liked to have beaten a fit Rossi over a whole season. I think even Lorenzo wants another chance at beating Rossi on the same bike over a whole season. Lorenzo is up to it race wise and also more importantly he is up to it mentally, shit just don't phase Lorenzo.  

Oh yeah ad labelling it caseys bike, but then not labelling it rossis bike smacks of sub conscious bias. You are selective when you decide what qualifies as a riders bike. 

You do not apply the same reasoning to rossi and your rider. In fact you strangely manage to double think yourself on a couple of occasions in the last few posts. I say subconscious cause I know you try to post balanced supported arguments. 

Sorry I haven't gone into detail but I just can't be bothered.  The last few posts from you rawdog can be summarised in the following "rossi sux and riders other than rossi are good". See that is a much easer way of writing all the voluminous posts you needlessly typed and we needlessly read. 

Wosi was partially right you have been lazy, though its not the pagination that is lazy its that you let your bias get in the way of thinking.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

Rawdowg

Schwantz may only have won one but will be remembered for his battles with Raney week in week out. He really should have won more. Maybe George will be remembered but I don’t like him after I met him at Donington so I hope he’s forgotten like Roberts Jr. Let's see how mardy he get's next year when or if Rossi beats him on the same bike (if he end's up at Yam), and if not Marquez will wipe the floor with him anyway :)

Kevin’s a hero but the word “Schwantz” means dick in German. More fitting to Lorenzo I think.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Hands up who wans moto2 & moto3 at Laguna Seca

Completely off topic I know. How good would moto2 & moto3 be at laguna seca.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

my my my Parris

I think it is you that need to re-read my posts. No, they are not "rossi sux and riders other than rossi are good".  It more of a "don't say a rider has to do something to cement themselves when Rossi himself hasn't done it either" type post. Now if you can take off your yellow tinted glasses and stop masturbating to your Rossi poster for a second and pay attention maybe you can understand. Oh, and I'm doing this post in Explore with the breaks and stuff to help you out.

Wosi can't say Jorge needs " to beat him (Rossi) at least a couple of times to even the score" when Casey has done that and then some yet Wosi doesn't give Casey any respect. Do you see how hypocritical that statement is? Wosi can't say Jorge needs to beat Rossi on the same bike to cement himself when Rossi hasn't beat Jorge on the same bike. Casey Stoner is the stiffest competiton Rossi has beaten to the title. Did Jorge not beat Casey as well? You can throw in Pedrosa as well if you like. So why does Jorge need to beat Rossi to cement himself when he's beaten Rossi's stiffest competition as well? And no, Jorge did not have the same bike as Rossi until 2010. Where have you been? This isn't news - it's widely known. No one at Yamaha had the same bike as Rossi until 2010. Colin spilled the beans on that last year in MCN. Jorge had to negotiate it in his contract. It was one of the reasons Rossi backed himself into the "it's him or me" statement. And that fact that you used 2008 is ridiculous and silly to say the least. Not only did they not have the same bike in 2008 Jorge was left with the unloved Michelin tires were as Rossi have the preferred Bridgestone tires.

And would the outcome of 2010 be different if Rossi wasn't hurt? We don't know. But I don't reference Jorge's title in 2010 with "well Rossi was hurt and wasn't around" like 46 fans always do - they discredit Jorge's title. He won - end of. But do the same people say "well the 2008 title may have been different if Casey wasn't injured and didn't have to have surgery on his wrist"? Do they say "the 2009 title may have been different if Casey didn't have his illness?" Do they say "well the 2008 and 2009 titles could have been different if Dani wasn't hurt multiple times"? No, they don't say that nor discount Rossi's title - but they do for Jorge. Do you not see the hypocrisy in that?

I doubt if you see the hypocrisy in it. Like most, you're too busy scrambling to post a response to protect your hero to even get the meaning. You say "Oh yeah ad labelling it caseys bike, but then not labelling it rossis bike smacks of sub conscious bias" - yeah, smacks of your bias for you to even pick up something so small. How about if I say "Rossi couldn't do diddly poo on the bike Casey handed him in Valencia in 2010 straight off the podium nor could have do anything with the multiple versions of HIS DUCATI bike during the 2011 season". Does that make you feel better? Because the results are the same you know?

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Hmmm

RawDawg = A state of mind(religious, political, social, and cultural) that trancends every fiber of the person. No one can become a Raw Dawg, you can only be born with it. A Rawg Dawg hates the world and all races even his own. Morality does not apply to him, he is a creature whose intellect and drinking outweigh the fabric of his body. Filled with the testosterone of a male bull The Raw Dawg's persona may lead him to the following:having unprotected sex(every time),making a mess when he snorts cocaine, waking up at 12 am when he has work at 8am and convincing his boss he was on time, etc.

Seems like that about fits RD.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

lol @ Milky

That's hilarious! Yeah I can drink with the best of them but no I don't snort coke. Sorry to disappoint!

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

rawdog you a such a woman

Settle petal. 1. I am not a rossi fanatic. I keep trying to get across to all and sundry I like all the riders. 2. Comments about masturbating don't help/ support your argument or argue against mine. It certainly just supports my statement about you being a pathetic poster. 3. Why are you dragging wosi into this. Go talk to wosi about whatever womanly issues you have with him. Try to keep relevant. 4.Lorenzo championship is well earned and deserved. We are just focusing on the Lorenzo/Rossi element. I imagine Lorenzo would love to take another title whilst on the same equipment form a season long fit rossi. That is all. The reason is that there are s many people that say yeah Loernzo won that year "but: is because there is a cloud being rossi as out for a lot of it and unfit for most ll of it. Any racer including Lorenzo will be compared to Rossi in future when all is said and done. You see that is where you make these silly assumption and come to flawed conclusions. You don't read what others say but I will try again for you. Firstly as I said I love both these guys so I am impartial to seeing it one way or another. As a fan of both I want to see another title fight with them on the same bike (it will be awesome). Normally this is pretty hard to arrange, hopefully it will come true for us. Secondly I want both of them match fit for the entire year. This way we will see lots of racing and huge battles and will be able to see what is what, no cloud of doubt. 5. You are all over the pace matey. Take a deep breath. There you go. Stoner wah wah wah and Pedrosa. Don't drag all this extraneous rubbish into this. As I said last post, and you are just proving me right with your jabbering, keep your posts simpler because you do have trouble just thinking and communicating about two riders. nb I am only talking about Rossi and Lorenzo. You are just way over excited citing hypocrisy etc just calm down and read the posts again. I have never alluded to any of the garbage you are ranting about so I won't address it. 6. The ducati pos. The ducati is a piece of shit. You can delude yourself saying its a winning bike etc etc, it just highlights you are riding a unicycle for an agenda. Reality is rider tell factory what is feeling. Factory make new bits to fix. Problem is ducati doesnt make parts that fi the problems. Both Stoner and Rossi, to of the three best riders in the world have told ducati exactly the same things are wrong with the bike. Ducati either don't listen to the best ridders in the world or are unable to come up with fixes for the problems. How many articles are published lately comparing Honda, new engine, new frame, to ducati new air intakes etc. As Stoner said "the bike you start the season on is the bike you finish the season on" Ducati borrowed and spent a billion dollars and still couldn't produce a competitive bike. Fact is Stoner left ducati, and now Rossi is looking anywhere else he can to get away from ducati. Rossi wants to leave regardless of the money they have offered, Rossi wants to leave regardless of the guarantees VAG have given. Lastly Why is Rossi trying to get away from ducati while Ducati is trying to retain Rossi. Ducati know its the bike and not the rider. The sad truth is RD you are the one that cant face the facts fairly and squarely. The annoying part for me is that sometimes your posts are well considered seeing all angles and then there are times like now that is today. So I don't know when I read your posts till the end whether it is a waste of time or not. Maybe old bob was right to torture back on crash you are a bit of a time waster.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices