You are in... Forums > General > General > CYCLISTS

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

squeak34

Jul 03

squeak34 says:

CYCLISTS

Does anyone agree that they should be made to pay to use the roads last night i was out on the bike and the amount of times cars where pilled up behing a bradley wiggins wanna be's  was crazy, i have lost count during the day whislt at work the amount of cars nearly hitting each other has they have to go around them, the roads are just to busy for cyclists if they have to use the roads why not pay for it like we have to.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 July 2012 08:04)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

Boult...

slick tyres???  suprised plod didnt try n give you 6 points n a fine for that!!! ;) lol

Reply to this Topic
gilk

Feb 08

gilk says:

Cyclists on our side

Cyclists do pay for the road, we all pay for the road whether we use it not, as it comes out of genral taxation. You would also not get it past the impressive cycle lobby, check out the CTC, if we had a motorcycle lobby as good as them we would have nothing to worry about.you even get 3rd party insurance free as a member. They also lobby against bad roads and 'sorry mate I dident see you'  and bad driving, like the cars swerving into our path desprate to overtake. Sounds to me like we should be fighting law makers with them. 2 more points 1 Racers cycle to train,are you about to carve up your hero. 2 In the 1800's cyclists got the government to build the roads properly with smooth tarmac.

Reply to this Topic
zmike

May 12

zmike says:

No consideration

Cyclists have zero consideration for the flow of traffic. Thats why they pedal along with that "I've every right to be here" kind of attitude. The traffic builds up as the rest of us try and get to work - only to be held up by Mr Meldrew (or whatever his name was). "Unbelievable"

Yes, it is unbelievable.

And they pay for their use of the roads via income tax? Which means the rest of us pay twice. Once via "general taxation" and the other via ROAD TAX - i.e. paying to be ON THE ROAD.

And if they do get knocked off it will never be their fault - of course.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DrWorm

Jul 11

DrWorm says:

Road Tax?

Road tax hasn't been used for exclusively for roads since the 30's. 

"Vehicle tax was introduced in the 1888 budget and the current system of excise duty applying specifically to motor vehicles was introduced in 1920. This excise duty was ring-fenced for road construction and was paid directly into a special road fund from 1920 until 1937 after which it was treated as general taxation. Even during this period the majority of the cost of road building and improvement came from general and local taxation due to the tax being too low for the upkeep of the roads."

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle