Skip to content

Discuss This Ron Haslam Race School review First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Ron Haslam Race School review

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Angus Parker  says:

Ron Haslam Race School review

I can’t believe I’m riding in the footsteps of legends. Just last week, Rossi, Stoner and Lorenzo all rode here. As I turn out of Club Corner and head down the start-finish straight after my instructor, even the rain can’t dampen my spirits. We’re here at Silverstone, a place with a rich history of motorcycle racing and, best of all, my...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 July 2012 10:49)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
edsy007

Jan 10

edsy007 says:

Chris Walkers Track school

Hi

Has anyone done the Chris Walker Race School at Mallory and Ron Haslams - how do they compare?

I would like to do one but dont know which is the best.

Reply to this Topic
Spreaders88

Jan 11

Spreaders88 says:

Hi, I've been to the Ron Haslam school 3 times (1 x 600, 2 x fireblade) and the Chris walker school once and would recommend both. Very similar in terms of time on track and the instruction is great at both especially for track newbies. The main difference is the characteristics of the tracks, mallory is a more typical british circuit being quite narrow and tighter which suits the 600's perfectly whereas silverstone is very wide everywhere! My advice would be to do one of them this year, and the other the next (or sooner if you can afford it :P )

Reply to this Topic
THEB455INATOR

Jan 12

Hey guys I know this is silly but... I have no biking experience apart from a mini Moto... I know how to work clutch and gears and I know this is a race school not a riding school but would you recommend this to me as I am 15 and can't wait another year to get on a bike... Plus I am a bit on the large side because of my frame not fat does this matter for whenever I do start riding???

Reply to this Topic
MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

Comment posted on behalf of NickiTip

I read your staff gear tests and read the Ron haslam race school on track test result by Angus Parker with interest, I did this course on a wet August morning and loved it!

Although had my bike licence for a very long time I had a confidence crisis a few years ago, and would never go out solo. Since the course I have clocked up over 500 miles solo on my ninja and I can honestly say I love riding again thanks Ron and the team especially virgil!! Looking at doing the premier course next !!

Reply to this Topic
EthanCorneille

Oct 11

I find it great that you've managed to get inside Ron Haslam's school at 16. It must have been very emotional for you to step on the giants' tracks. If I wasn't too old, I would come to see what tricks I can learn, too.

Reply to this Topic
Eugenios

Jan 12

Eugenios says:

I guess anyone who goes to Silverstone masters the art of the bike in less than a month. I've heard good things about the Race School and I've even saw Ron Haslam in a competition. Splendid.

Reply to this Topic
Eugenios

Jan 12

Eugenios says:

I want to let my son attend these courses, but I'm a bit afraid to do it without knowing there's someone highly trained there in cases of accidents. The last place we've been at - I won't tell the name because I hate any kind of publicity - didn't have the doctor there when my boy fell off the bike. Luckily there was a biker who had a masters degree in healthcare and he provided the first aid. Needless to say I am still traumatized.

Reply to this Topic
LenBrannon

Apr 12

LenBrannon says:

I've always dreamed to ride a Honda on a circuit. When I was little, one of my favourite dreams was to imagine that I'll be the future leader of the United States Grand Prix. The years have passed, but my love for racing is still here.

Reply to this Topic
KiraShannen

Jan 12

KiraShannen says:

The best information came along with online era, I was looking for a way to drive for at least one day, but I didn't know where to look for. I don't think my wife will ever allow me to drive a bike now that she's pregnant, but I must do this just once, to feel the wind blowing in my face.

Reply to this Topic
NoeSamuhel

Oct 11

NoeSamuhel says:

I'd truly like to learn how to ride a bike, maybe create a career path in this field. Speed, that's all I need to succeed in life. I hope someday I'll have enough money to pay for my own courses, regardless of what my family could say.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices