Skip to content

Discuss This 'Repaired' road in Ipswich General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > 'Repaired' road in Ipswich

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Cooper  says:

'Repaired' road in Ipswich

My mate saw this today in Ipswich. It looks like whoever repaired it previously didn't do a very good job!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 July 2012 11:06)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

That's impact damage from landing, having taken off on the speed hump.

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

common

thats a normal sight these days...contractors are cutting corners with baselayer materials and the workforce skill levels and equipment. Locally to me the average road repair lasts 6-12 months before breaking up or subsiding. At least that one has cones at it..all I ever seem to see is motorists with damaged wheels.

Reply to this Topic
hairyMuppet

Dec 03

hairyMuppet says:

Contracts?

Assuming this was an outside contractor (or a council department acting as if the requesting depart was a "customer"), perhaps the Service Level Agreement only states how quickly the repair should be made; not anything about the actual quality of said repair.

I've seen pacthes applied where it is obvious (due to heave elsewhere and cracking) that it's the entire section of surface that needs redone and the patch is simply going to fail (or the bit just to the left of the pacth will fail, or...you get the idea).

So the contractors can meet the SLA, get their money and the council is slowly bled dry by a thousand cuts.  Large repairs cost more in the short term (bigger job, bigger cost) but less in the long term as the contractor does not need to go back in six months and to them again.  And again.  And again...

Reply to this Topic
ivanhoe

Mar 04

ivanhoe says:

Big Fat Gypsy Road Repairs.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Sure, and we'll just pour some more gravel in

We're just doing a driveway round the corner first...

Even if they do paper over it again, it'll just come apart next Winter.  Our rates in action, year after year.

Reply to this Topic
nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

Much as i hate to agree..

Although I normally associate any drivel that Borg produces with what my dog leaves in my garden I have to agree with his comment on this subject. The general public are sick of paying out to lazy public services that are quite clearly not fit for purpose. This is yet another example of incompetence in a grand scale and we just have to accept it. Its about time these idiots were taken to task and we tax payers saw some return for our taxes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices