Skip to content

Discuss This Middleweight super twins tested First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Middleweight super twins tested

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Child  says:

Middleweight super twins tested

Going by the sales figures, new supersport 600s today are about as appealing as an ‘internal inspection’ at Terminal 5 – a far, far cry from the sales topping stats of bikes like the CBR600F in the 1990s. The quest for track and race success has resulted, so the theory goes, in bikes which are too extreme as road bikes for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 July 2012 14:56)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

Test ?

Really ,no performance figures,mpg figures plucked out of the sky,unless of course the suzuki and kawasaki really do both do exactly 50 mpg,i dont think so.what are they like regarding for instance windblast as two of them have fairings ?how comfy are the seats?how high are the footrests ?.this was just a few lads out on a jolly.very very lazy effort mcn.

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

If its twins your testing then its the ducati monster every time...handling, power, comfort, build quality and now reliability is not an issue. Way ahead of the japs.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Soup?

As I said before, I'm struggling to find anything Super about these Super Twins & it seems you are too. They're not super sexy or super fast... they're mediocrely economical & reasonably priced... they don't have super handling or super brakes. They're just fairly bland, sensible bikes, though as you point out each one has a serious shortfall (or 2)... which you'd kinda expect for that money... where's the "Super" MCN?... & if these are super what do you class as ordinary?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

bland?

definitely not bland, i have ridden the earlier er6n and the sv650 and both of them were great fun, very satisfying to ride on the road, i ride a fireblade, and 90% of the time id say that the er6 would be more fun. The faired version seems like it would be capable of doing some good distances also. 600 sports bikes are just too limited, they're fast, but not that fast, you cant go mega distances, they're awkward in town, expensive, uncomfortable. Atleast that's my opinion which is worth buggar all...

Reply to this Topic
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Give me a twin

I much prefer the power delivery of a twin to a four and I'm one of those who had 600/4s in the past and switched to twins. I'm not ever gonna switch back.

Reply to this Topic
matthewdaytona

Feb 12

Sport 600's are dead

This is obviously relating the the previous article about how much the 600cc class sales have dropped. And quite frankly the 600cc class is dead. .. I myself ride a daytona 600 however its on 33bhp at the moment. the second this comes out i will be changing the bike for something a little more subtle. The problem with 600's is that you have to scream them to get anywhere (which also attracts coppers!!), they are very expensive to run (only just get 100 miles to a 19 litre tank!) and really....... whats the point? .. At the end of the day i probably would have been better off getting something like an sv or er simply because they are sooooo much cheaper to run!£20 for 100 miles is expensive, but also insurance for me is over £700 yet would have been just over £300 for a twin. .. I just wish that a new market is made for 750/800cc twins with a variety of both v's and parallel's. Because i know for a fact i would go straight down my nearest bike shop and buy one!! .. Also does anyone know why i cant separate my paragraphs on this???

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

I went for an inline 4 instead.

I wanted a second, more practical bike to ride when I didn't fancy wrestling with my R1.

I looked at the ER6F but went for the much better Suzuki GSX650F instead.

Faster, smoother, more room, more comfort, less vibration, and the same (ish) money.

No contest really.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Steady2wheels...

... I could have fun riding a C90 but I wouldn't call it Super despite it being far cheaper to run & buy. Bland may have been the wrong choice of words... ordinary may be more fitting.

Reply to this Topic
maxyam

Jul 12

maxyam says:

super twins maybe short

As others have said- bit short on information about these bikes. Perhaps MCN should have included a couple of Maxi scooters as a comaprison for fun factor & practicality. Say the Yamaha T Max and Gilera Gp800- both would give a good account of themselves- T Max for handling and Gp800 for performance.Although perhaps not as there is a very anti maxi-scooter attitude in UK, and especially with MCN; I bet if Triumph made a Maxi-scooter this would change!

Reply to this Topic
scratchnsniff24

Mar 11

matthewdaytona

To split your paragraphs you have to insert line breaks which are br inside <>. Two for a gap like this.

Nobody told me either, just guessed one day.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices