Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi nearing future decision MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi nearing future decision

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi nearing future decision

Valentino Rossi says he will decide whether to stay with Ducati or make a shock move back to Yamaha in 2013 during the forthcoming short summer break. Speculation about Rossi’s future plans has hit fever pitch in California, particularly after Ben Spies dropped a bombshell earlier this week by announcing he will leave Yamaha at the end of the season. Rossi didn’t...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 July 2012 22:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

wosihound

Jorge is champ this year beating Dani and Casey is third, what will this tell us about Stoner?

In 2007 ducati gave him a bike that won the title easily,then casey gave his input.2011 honda do the same then listen to caseys input...theres a pattern emerging.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Anaconda Amazon,

Yes mate, but then again (and I just pulled this off the MotoGP site) the best lap has remained unbeaten since 2008.  Take a guess who holds it?  He's pissing off at the end of the year and it's a MASSIVE 1.376 seconds off the circuit record from 2010 (of which he also holds).  you can take a wild guess at which bike he did it on.  So is Preziosi shit at his job now or outstanding then?  Or is Casey Stoner just so fucking unbelievable that no-one can get within a second of a Ducati from 4 years ago? In FP1 (today), Dani Pedrosa managed a 1.21.424.  Rossi broke that Aussie in the same round 4 years ago.  Go figure...

P.s. I'm colour blind and just bought a book - it's called 'one shade of grey'

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

shawn of the dead

Who won the title in 2008 after switching to the best tyres that casey had in 2007...

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Norstro

You say that Hayden says the GP12 is the best Duke he has ever ridden. Think that says it all about the Duke, after all he was a world champ on a Honda so he knows how to be at the front of a GP

Anaconda, you are right. I said exactly that on another post. Same pattern as 07 onwards. year 1 = champ, year 2 onwards = no champ and mistakes as the pressure builds. Bet Yamaha has breathed a sigh of relief as he won’t be able to screw that bike us too due to giving into the pressure of wife telling to pack this bike racing lark up!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Acanada

You can be a real arse at times

Preziosi doesn't own and / or manage Ducati and has no control over their manufacturing capability does he, or the speed with which 3ed party suppliers get stuff to them  - so you can hardly blame him for Ducati being unable to get new ideas or parts onto the bike as quickly as Honda, who are ever so slightly bigger and can do their work in-house. You also know full well that they have given Rossi bucketfuls of changes this year and last and his toys were still being thrown out of his pram faster than discarded parts into Bologna landfill sites.

Yet again you blame a rider for developing a winning bike backwards and then say it is being repeated this year, but give another rider the benefit of any doubt and put the last 18 months of piss poor performances squarely onto Preziosi's shoulders. And the honda you say is being developed backwards has two riders giving feedback, not one and is 1st and 3rd in Laguna FP1 - not to mention never been out of the top 3 this year.

Back to the topic - Rossi has said he has 3 offers to consider and that the choice of where he goes next year is squarely his own to make. Seems reasonable to assume they are Ducati, Yamaha Factory and Honda satellite.

He says it is the most difficult decision he has ever had to make and that all have negatives. Interestingly, when pressed about whether he would choose Yamaha, he as good as said the negative was having to compete against the best rider in the world on equal machinery. A telling remark as that bike clearly, at this point in time, gives him the best opportunity of race wins next year - which is what he obviously wants.

No mention of relishing the opportunity to fight Lorenzo for the title on equal machinery and not being able to wait to get to it.

Running scared?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Superman Ananconda, I am not biased in my opinion good sir.  I am merely pointing out that the Duke still holds the best lap 4 years later.  I endorse the superior mind games of the great Vale and that race was just incredible (I prefer Catalunya 09).  A classic Friday night you tube either way.  Yep, Vale took the title because of his absolute racecraft and skill.  Casey still holds that best lap on a shit bike whatever we spout.  No-ones dead... not yet mate. 

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Yawn already.. Yep Ducati you have to queue up with the rest of us??? More bullshit from presiozi the king of party politics . Rossi to Honda. Ducati to the comedy store. Toppose sopposed to be one of the top 3 bike manufacturers on earth. Besides both Honda and yam have had new engine and frames. Ducati nothing . Surely it doesn't take 6 months(minimum) to make every fucking part. Ducati will tell most of their suppliers exactly when they want something they just haven't got anything.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

bultoboy

If i remember rightly rossi has said he knows what is wrong with the duke,he tells ducati what he wants done and they go and do something else.

when pressed about whether he would choose Yamaha, he as good as said the negative was having to compete against the best rider in the world on equal machinery.

If he said he would relish the chance we would know he was going to yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

shawno

I just love that film,i think some of the cast post on here....and no i wasn't one of them lol

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

POOR BASTARD`S....

I feel sorry for whatever team get lumbered with him !

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices