Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi nearing future decision MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi nearing future decision

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi nearing future decision

Valentino Rossi says he will decide whether to stay with Ducati or make a shock move back to Yamaha in 2013 during the forthcoming short summer break. Speculation about Rossi’s future plans has hit fever pitch in California, particularly after Ben Spies dropped a bombshell earlier this week by announcing he will leave Yamaha at the end of the season. Rossi didn’t...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 July 2012 22:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

supermario

i`m hoping it`s u

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

simon

keep hoping

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Mmmmm

Could make for a pretty boring 2013, guess who,s  1st and 2nd every race!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
oily1984

Mar 09

oily1984 says:

Ben 52

2013 is going to be boring pretty much regardless at the moment Dani has been brought into the mix by mistakes from others but if Stoner hadn't been taking results early doors Lorenzo would be out and away. Before Assen Lorenzo had only finished behind Stoner and has only been behind Pedrosa twice all season one of which was his DNF which even the harshest critic couldn't say was his fault.

Next year can anyone really see Pedrosa raising his pace that much early in the season to be in the hunt all the way through. If Rossi does get back on the Yam atleast there'll be some uncertainity for the championship but I don't think it's going to be exciting because as it stands I can only one potential championship winner, even if Rossi gets on the Yam it'll be close 2010 is the last year they raced each other and before Rossi broke his leg he was behind Lorenzo who has now improved so who knows where the levels align.

Reply to this Topic
enfieldturbo

Jun 12

enfieldturbo says:

love to

see him go to honda

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

asscanada46

you said it was backward bike??? sorry buddy your excuse and MOANING like your favor rider mr. 9 times ass champion is really nonsense. actually as far as i know stoner won 3 race with 1st podium at the end of the season. and stoner already stated that he left the bike in good perform (to rossi). what is you want anymore??? even JB stated that he so happy cause with that back to back won, stoner prove that ducati is good enough for MR. 9 TIMES ASS LUCKY WC. so what is exactly do you want to say???? i cann't get it. and i'm sure ALL SMART PEOPLE CANN'T!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

JUSTBE

yes that's excuse you punch out from your ass mouth just like old excuse rossi gave to stoner in 2007. you just moaning cause your ass champ cann't tame ducati like stoner. you know what??? your excuse too old to post here.

Reply to this Topic
Lauranna

Jul 12

Lauranna says:

motoking

Ok, so motoking...First of all, it has taken me sometime to understand what the hell you were saying, but in response to your comment about Rossi being a moaner...I'm sorry but I think it is safe to say that the only people who constantly bitch and whine about things are Stoner and Pedrosa.

You may not like Rossi, but you can't say for one second that he is not a legendary rider. 9 times world champion and Stoner has been champion how many times?? Oh yeah that's right, twice. Your comments are.......Mature. I can certainly see why you would like Stoner. You both love to tear people down and have a good old whine when things aren't going your way.

The thing you have to keep in mind, is that Stoner is leaving MotoGP at the end of this season. Whereas Rossi is staying, so you can slag Rossi off as much as you like, but the end result is the same. Rossi is staying and has the chance to improve his riding again with a new team. It is looking more and more likely that Stoner is going to finish this season a loser...Well a bigger one than he already is anyway.

I don't personally think that Rossi will be in the running for the championship next year, but at least he has the chance to prove people wrong. Ducati hasn't been a strong team at all this year, or last. I don't think it has anything to with Rossi being unable to tame the bike. Hayden has had the same sort of problems. Yet I see no one slagging him off. I do understand that Rossi is an easy target because he has such a huge following and is hugely famous. People find it easy to tear someone down when they are so famous.

Stoner didn't leave a decently performing Ducati for Rossi. All teams start pretty much from scratch at the beginning of every season so leave it out. Every rider has a different style so therefore you can't just leave one bike and expect another rider just to jump on it and perform the same way.

I think personally, you need to be getting your facts straight before ranting at other people about what they are posting.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Rossi back to Yamaha???

Older motorsport drivers/ riders often loose their competitiveness towards the end of their careers. Injuries often play a part in that but with increasing age there's often a decrease in speed/ suppleness/mobility and knocks and bangs have a longer lasting effect. Just over 2 years ago Lorenzo was beating Rossi on comparable machinery. Since then it could be suggested that Lorenzo has improved his game whilst Rossi is likely to be in the final years of his career.

I'm not sure Rossi still has it within him to win world championships again. I can see him racing for wins from time to time if he goes back to Yamaha but maybe not at every round.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Lauranna

Fantastic first post.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle