Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi nearing future decision MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi nearing future decision

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi nearing future decision

Valentino Rossi says he will decide whether to stay with Ducati or make a shock move back to Yamaha in 2013 during the forthcoming short summer break. Speculation about Rossi’s future plans has hit fever pitch in California, particularly after Ben Spies dropped a bombshell earlier this week by announcing he will leave Yamaha at the end of the season. Rossi didn’t...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 July 2012 22:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Nostro

Ducati's pedigree is sound??????.  Sorry but you are way off the mark.  They have only won one WC and that was only because of a stonking engine and superior tyres. It has always handled like a pig and was only the skill of Stoner that got it anywhere near competitive, but he was struggling towards the end. He must of thought he had gone to heaven when he went to Honda, after years of riding a bike that wants to throw you off at any opportunity. That is why it is no wonder that Rossi at 33 and used to the sweet handling of the Yamaha doesn't want to risk his career (or life) on the shit handling  Duke, no matter how much he is being paid. 

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Easy to forget that in the last race Rossi was as fast as 2nd on the podium in the 2nd half of race. The duke is miles better than it was. It's the pace of development that's the problem. As a motogp designer one wonders where presiozis priorities lie. One things for sure hecan't design road bikes the wsbk effort and motogp project , otherwise you get what Ducati have now, and iffy panigale, a wsbk champ who can't wait to leave after testing said bike and ducatis best ever hope of being a serious competitor in motogp wondering whether 20m is enough to risk riding their bike. Presiozi has over extended himself. Now they are huge they need a dedicated team. I suspect the engineers on the rcv212v project don't spend 4 days a week designing cruisers...

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Yamaha

Rossi back on a Yamaha, sweet :-) There is no doubt the Duke is SHITE. It has won 1 world title on 07 - partly down to it being so much faster in a straight line. From 08 until now we have seen so many front end crashes, or was it Stoner that could not handle the pressure like in Germany! Rossi race craft = last corner pass on Jorge in Spain to win Vs Stoner piss poor execution and ended up in the kitty litter like so many times when Rossi was hunting him down.

I was at Silverstone this year and you could hear the traction control kicking in from point to point when exiting the slower corners, compare that with the jap bike just smooth traction from point to point, so when Rossi says he has no rear grip, you can hear and see it, the bike is shite, then end

Look, the fact is that champions come and go. I doubt that Rossi has lost the skill to win, but one day as with all great sportsman he will and retire, fact. All you Stoner fans and Ben fans (ha ha) cannot dismiss the achievements of Rossi. As with all forms of racing you can only beat the guys around you and he has beat them all including Stoner and Jorge. I guess like Ben it’s better to have been a "has been" rather than a "never been"

PS, will be interesting to see next year who the Stoner and Ben fans will support next season!
PPS, Ben will get his ass kicked in WSB next year by the old timer Mad Max and co LOL

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

rossi back on a yam,what a piss take,stay with the duc and make the bike work,well he is the goat isn`t he?

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Busaman

Yes i would like to see him win on a Duke, but can't see them turning the bike from a pig to a championship winner.  They have had the last 5 years to do that so cant see it happening with the might of Honda and the skill of Yamaha

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Rossi on a Yamaha again a 50-50 chance of it happening me thinks.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Rossi

isn't going to win on the Desmo and with Hayden announcing that he has as good as signed for next year, and Spies off, then it seems a foregone conclusion that Rossi will join Yamaha in 2013.I would imagine that the deal has already been done!! Good luck and good ........ I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What's more interesting is who's going to partner Hayden on the Desmo next year??? Carlos Checa?? Stoner?? Shock comeback?? We'll have to wait and see I guess!!!!!!!!!!!Ciao

Reply to this Topic
maxyam

Jul 12

maxyam says:

Don't want Rossi back on Yamaha- would muck up Lorenza going for & getting another World Title- probably end up with neither of them getting it-. What about BMW entering MotoGp with Rossi- surely he could develop another race winning bike!

Reply to this Topic
jake767

Jan 09

jake767 says:

Wot We've Been Waiting On

Surely i'am not the only buddy on here hoping for a Rossi/ Yammy return. Forget all the bitchin on here, you're all so much better riders than the folk you all demean but 2013 for a 10th world title. Chuck yer crystal balls away. Its a done deal folks.

Up Yer Kilt

Reply to this Topic
jake767

Jan 09

jake767 says:

Wot We've Been Waiting On

Surely i'am not the only buddy on here hoping for a Rossi/ Yammy return. Forget all the bitchin on here, you're all so much better riders than the folk you all demean but 2013 for a 10th world title. Chuck yer crystal balls away. Its a done deal folks.

Up Yer Kilt

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices