Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi nearing future decision MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi nearing future decision

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi nearing future decision

Valentino Rossi says he will decide whether to stay with Ducati or make a shock move back to Yamaha in 2013 during the forthcoming short summer break. Speculation about Rossi’s future plans has hit fever pitch in California, particularly after Ben Spies dropped a bombshell earlier this week by announcing he will leave Yamaha at the end of the season. Rossi didn’t...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 July 2012 22:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Acanada

You can't be selective in quoting what Rossi has said.

Latter part of last year and from Qatar onwards this year he has said he has no idea what is wrong with and has publicly lost patience with Ducati for not fixing it  (remember the Qatar tantrum - unrideable, can't be fixed with set up, I don't know what's wrong with it I'm not an engineer, same as the previous bike, I don't know how to fix it I'm not an engineer, nothing we do with set up makes any difference)

Then Audi top brass show up at German GP and pledge their support to Motogp - next minute Rossi is deep in talks with them and telling them he knows exactly what is wrong with the bike, him and his team have given Ducati a clear direction over the last few months but they haven't followed it. Er, what about your previous rantings Vale?

No-one - not even 'I'd like to tell you but I can't' Buell, has a shred of proof to back their statements up that he knows what is wrong with it. There is not one documented record or transcript of a Rossi interview or quote that provides any proof of him telling Ducati what they need to do. But as in the paragraph above, there are plenty of quotes from interviews where he has said he has no idea what is wrong with it.

All he has asked for, like those before him, is to have a better feel from the front of the bike. That is a world apart from telling Ducati what to do.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

If he said he would relish the chance we would know he was going to yamaha.

Why  -  just saying yes, if I went to Yamaha I would really enjoy the battle with Lorenzo, is not admitting he has signed.

Persoanlly, in today's politically correct times and emphasis on being seen to do the right thing, set the right example, I can't see how Yamaha can accept sponsorship money from a tobacco firm. Maybe there is a lot more negotiating to be done before he can land back in that seat.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

I remember the day when Rossi said he would not ride under a tobacco sponsorship

I bet the Ducati flying under the Audi brand next year will be a fast moving development . If Rossi turned his back on them it could fire up the factory and bring in a hungry fast rider that has something to prove like Cal.

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Yam or Duke

My own view is, what would be best for the sport? / and it would be Rossi to Yamaha and you all know it, not only would it set the boards alight it would also mean a season to look forward to - and the ultimate question for Loz - who is the best on equal machinary? - If Rossi stays with the Duke it will be more of the same unless Audi give an open cheque book, either way I would like to see him back to the Yamaha and at the end of the day it will sell bikes and raise the Moto GP brand which at the moment is poor.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

surprise...surprise

cilla`s here with tonights contestant.......hello what`s your name and where do u come from?....my names valentino and i come from italy.........ok valentino what`s your first question to lin jarvis??.....hello lin me again,where do i sign and how big will the wall be??........well lin it`s cilla again,what do u think?......well cilla the wall will be as big as jorge wants it and is coca-cola coming on the date???.......well worra lorra lorra laughs we gonna have next year.....do i hear wedding bells for the first time on surprise sa fukin prise?????

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

acanada

who got on the ducati that stoner won 23 races on and a world championship??

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

acanada

who got on the honda in 2011 and won 10 races.....that`s 1 more than the whole honda team had managed in the 3 previous seasons.....there seems to be a pattern emerging here don`t u think???

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Hey Simon

Who's 'retiring' at the end of the season because he can't hack it?

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

No no no!

The 'future' decision he is struggling with is which shoes match his fkn handbag!

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

All you compare Rossi to Stoner and yet they weren't on the Ducati at the same time. You say Rossi sucks and yet he has won the Moto GP world championship 9 times... Stoner was constantly coming i like 5th or crashing out towards the end of Ducati and all the other bikes were getting better. When Stoner joing Honda they developed the best bike on the grid with an amazing engine advantage. Now the bikes at 1000cc who know how good it would be with Stoner. I can bet one thing for sure that he wouldn't be winning on it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices