Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Nicky Hayden close to new Ducati deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Nicky Hayden close to new Ducati deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Nicky Hayden close to new Ducati deal

Nicky Hayden has confirmed he is close to agreeing a contract extension with Ducati’s factory MotoGP squad for 2013. An official announcement is likely to be made during his home race in Laguna Seca after the American’s new deal was first revealed by MCN on Twitter earlier today. The Kentucky rider will stay with the Bologna factory for a fifth successive season...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 July 2012 22:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

PASSPORT DEAL

lets face it hayden is a nice guy but spies quitting and stoner to add only makes it easier for him to stay am i right? the young guns are risky even marquez going to repsol, he still is a crasher compared to gp top guys,anyway my point is the usa has 2 rounds in the calender and only hayden (or if spies does suzuki but not likely)will bring the usa sales ect ect so he has a ride in the bag with either team, tech 3 may come off worse here because they end up with smith who aint ready imo, but heand redding need to win in moto 2 tbh,look at bradl and still no alien but fast mind. cal and hayden in the same team will be interesting, cal needs a factory bike simple as that.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Redding on a Ducati seems very dangerous a rider with potential will have his career bust if he rides that beast.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Redding & MarcVDS

I'd love to see Redding on a Duke too Rainmarker, his dominate the bike style would suit. Rossi has amply displayed the fact that passive doesn't work.  Hopefully they'll make that happen 2013 in their own satellite team.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Make Hayden

no 1 rider. he is consistently the best Ducati rider. If Rossi stays , why not develope the bike around Hayden as Rossi,s passive , everything must be right style does nt work , where as Haydens dirt track style ,like Stoners , seem s to be more affective. The excuse,s for Rossi are pretty much done in my mind,  but time will tell , Is he really the G.O.A.T if he is so uncompeteitive on any thing but the very best, which is all he,s had since day one.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Not a

great Hayden fan as he has really done nothing on the Desmo and looks like continuing to do nothing. What it does tell me is that, from this, is that for sure Rossi is off, and they are keeping Hayden on as someone who can do a job, maybe not win but be consistent. The big question now is, where is Rossi going and who is lined up to replace him???????????? Ciao

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

since day 1?

Rossi on the very best 'since day 1' ? Not quite -it was he that moved to the Yamaha when it was a piece of shit, as I recall?

Reply to this Topic
racer245

Sep 11

racer245 says:

Go Scott & Bradley

Definitely Scott on the Duke and I think Bradley may even surprise us on the smooth Yam; they are really the hopes for future Brit success. (Too many forget that there are only 2 of the in-house Moto2 being raced & developed by Tech3).

Not that I crave Brit success, the thing I have always liked in bike racing is the team, usually made up from several nationalities.  Yes the rider should be the focal point and get the glory as theirs is the short (and painful) career, where as the engineers, mechanics and management are normally around for the long haul.

Also another year for Nicky on the Duke for a base setting rider, then off to do the magic double with WSB or some much needed top talent on a CRT with another year of development under the tank.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

I think the majority of Nicky's career has been that he's always been forced into the #2 slot of a team from day one.  There's always been someone he has been paired with who was THE important one.  Nicky has always been the "just in case our #1 rider is out for the season" backup and was treated internally as such.  I think that's why he hasn't been as successful as he could be.  Even in 2006, I feel this way.  I won't deny that the only reason he won the tile is because everyone else on the grid was more inconsistent, had more technical difficulties and when they did do well, they took points from each other.  Consistency was Nicky's friend that season.

I truly believe Spies is in the same position this season.  The difference is that Spies is not ok with being treated as #2 and is leaving.  What's the point of competing if you know you're not a contender by default?  Nicky, I'm afraid, has gotten so used to being treated like this that he's just happy to still be around and getting a paycheck.

Nationalism?  Sure, I believe the USA market is very important to Dorna... in fact more important than Yamaha/Honda USA feels.  They'll sell R1s and CBRs regarldess if they're in GP or not.  Is that why Edwards and Hayden are still in GP?  I don't know.  I think fans will go to Indy or Laguna Seca even if no Americans are in the series. 

But I'm glad Nicky is still going to be in GP.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

I' m happy

Good on him I say, a nice personable rider who know what its all about, in other words a good yank out the mould of edwards et al

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

GPONE are reporting that Ducati might put a junior team together

Iannone and Redding's names are both being mentioned. Finding a great young rider helped them in 2007 (along with various other factors) and could work again but the current Japanese machinery seems to be on another level right now...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices