Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Ben Spies cagey on future plans MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Ben Spies cagey on future plans

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Ben Spies cagey on future plans

Ben Spies has refused to discuss his future plans or elaborate on his reasoning for deciding to quit Yamaha at the end of the season on the eve of his home race at Laguna Seca today. Spies dropped a bombshell on Tuesday when he announced he was to quit Yamaha’s factory squad at the end of 2012. The 28-year-old has struggled in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 July 2012 22:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

the way this season has panned out for Spies, he'll go and have a stunning win at Laguna, five days after announcing he's quitting.

but i'm not putting money on it ....  ;)

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

The truth is out there ! Some where ?

There is defenatly a lot more to this story of Bens very public fall out with Yamaha.My theory is this - Yamaha have already signed Rossi to take Bens place & hes seriously pissed about it but he cant say any thing because hes under strict instructions to keep his mouth shut.I could be wrong,but I may be spot on.Who knows,only Yamaha & Ben & they aint saying nuffing,at least for now any way.The truth will come out eventually,thats for sure.

What ever has happened has seriously pissed Ben off big time,thats for sure.I just dont understand what went wrong for a rider who showed such amazing ability & potential in WSB.Winning in you 1st year as a rookie is unbeleivable,Its legendary.Moto GP is a completely different game though & unless you have come up through the ranks of 125 / 250s you will never be world champion material,or so it seems.

Ben should move to a class that he can exel at because he is clearly a very,very talented rider.Just not in Moto GP at present unfortunatly.

Reply to this Topic
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

"My theory is this - Yamaha have already signed Rossi to take Bens place & hes seriously pissed about it but he cant say any thing because hes under strict instructions to keep his mouth shut." Lorenzo99, you may be right, but how will you feel if it turns out Ben was being "snubbed" in his progress because all attention was on Jorge? Not suggesting for a second had Lorenzo had a say in this, but he's the new Spanish wonderboy and it's run by Spaniards, it's a possibility. Many seem to suspect this. I genuinely don't think Rossi has signed for Yamaha yet. I think Ben's attitude has been building for a while, for whatever reason, and now he's had enough. It'll all come out in the wash.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Somethinmg has gone on with Spies this year as there is no way he is as bad a rider as his results suggest. Bad luck some weekends? - definitely. Some self-induced mistakes too? - definitely. But good enough only for 8 - 10th place. No way.

I can't help but think he has had a rough hand for whatever reason this year and it will be interesting to see what he has to say about it. Love to see him get a result this weekend.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

A return to WSBK in a series where he will.feel appreciated and respected sad it never worked for him in GP racing but he does have something apart from a certain four thats a race win. Where ever he goes all the best Ben.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

A return to WSBK in a series where he will.feel appreciated and respected sad it never worked for him in GP racing but he does have something apart from a certain four thats a race win. Where ever he goes all the best Ben.

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

It's obvious.

Yamaha have not signed ROSSI.

They are waiting for him (ROSSI) to make his decision,. YAMAHA or AUDI/DUCATI.

That's what has pissed off Ben.

The pressure that YAMAHA USA was applying was not enough for YAMAHA CORPORATION to miss the chance of getting ROSSI back on their bike so he dose not wnt to play anymore.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

These comments

the make me laugh.

Ben should move to a class that he can exel at because he is clearly a very,very talented rider.Just not in Moto GP at present unfortunatly.

Other than the Fantastic Four of Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Stoner and Rossi, the others with win(s) currently here are Hayden Dovi (gifted because of wet race and crashes, undeserving) and yes the man himself Ben the fucking Predator Spies have 1.

So what Motogp riders are better than Ben and other than mentioned above?

Where should those non winners go? 

WUSS...errr WSS of BSB!!! LMAO!!!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Milky..

One win in a season and a half on a factory bike isn't a great return whatever way you look at it. We all had high hopes for the guy, but the facts are, at present, he's not cutting the mustard!..

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

rare

any guy in the paddock would give his right arm to be on that yam , spies is a fool adn should quit racing.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices