Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Ben Spies cagey on future plans MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Ben Spies cagey on future plans

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Ben Spies cagey on future plans

Ben Spies has refused to discuss his future plans or elaborate on his reasoning for deciding to quit Yamaha at the end of the season on the eve of his home race at Laguna Seca today. Spies dropped a bombshell on Tuesday when he announced he was to quit Yamaha’s factory squad at the end of 2012. The 28-year-old has struggled in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 July 2012 22:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

BMW Motogp?

What's interesting about the BMW deal is it's a 2 year deal but only the first year is to ride in WSBK. Second year may be in Motogp but only if cost cutting measures are in place.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

with BMW recently quoted as saying that Honda and Yamaha are 'killing' MotoGP within the current rules, i can't seem them turning up on the MotoGP grid in 2014.  unless the touted 'production' prototypes take over at the front of the grid, i doubt that BMW will have any interest in taking on the Japanese ..... and especially if Audi turn-around the Ducati.  i think both Aprilia and BMW will keep a watching brief from WSBK ....

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

CosherB

I get what you're saying but that is the Spies deal. 2 year contract,first year in WSBK, second could be in Motogp. BMW have been looking at Motogp for a while now so this is nothing new.

Reply to this Topic
mickdel

May 03

mickdel says:

Spies performance on the factory bike doesn't stack up compared to how well he was riding with Tech 3.   I wonder if his and Lorenzo's bikes were the same?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices