Skip to content

Ask an Expert Mod 2 struggles, Tips? Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > Mod 2 struggles, Tips?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

lozstone

Jul 12

lozstone says:

Mod 2 struggles, Tips?

Hey all. Had 2 years on cbt riding every day come rain, shine, snow or ice, took the plunge 2 months ago and started going about getting a proper license.
Managed to pass Mod 1 no minors 2nd time round (locked rear wheel on emergency stop 1st go). Managed to fail Mod 2 twice now and wondering if it might be time for more lessons? (although the school I'm with assure me there is no need). 1st Mod 2 I failed with one serious fault and no minors for turning nearside to nearside with an oncoming vehicle (both of us turning to our corresponding right) at a traffic lighted crossroad. My instructor asked me to take him to the junction after I failed and was surprised the examiner failed me on it as the road was wide enough to safely turn that way. Second Mod 2 I racked up 5 minors for undue hesitation, stopping at give way signs (in pouring rain) to get a view of each road I was crossing. I was more annoyed second time as I wasn't going to go blasting across a road I had no view of till the last minute and would negotiate any give way sign the same way again on a test or not. Anyways, this is an essay now. Do I need more lessons or shall I go buy a pushbike? Plus, going on holiday with the missus to italy in 2 months and not holding any hope of passing before then. Can I hire a scooter in Italy without a full license? TA!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 July 2012 00:45)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
macca59

Apr 10

macca59 says:

Nod 2 pass.

Well  done on your test pass, my wife has today just passed her Mod 2 first time. So big bike's here she come's.  :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle