Skip to content

Discuss This Petition launched against Matlock Bath parking plans General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Petition launched against Matlock Bath parking plans

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Angus Parker  says:

Petition launched against Matlock Bath parking plans

A petition has been set up to fight the planned parking charges for bikes on the streets of Matlock Bath, Derbyshire’s motorcycling Mecca. Sheffield Motorcycle Centre (SMC) have started the online petition, approved by Derbyshire County Council, which requires 7,500 signatures to force a re-think and keep parking free on Matlock Bath’s North and South parades. The village is one of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 July 2012 15:34)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mark0711

Mar 11

mark0711 says:

How many more countys are going to start charging motorcycles , its just a matter of time until we have nowhere left to park , arseholes !!

Reply to this Topic
garethfenn

May 06

garethfenn says:

Let's just go somewhere else

Shouldn't it really be the local businesses and the council who fight to stop the charges, rather than the council implementing them. There are plenty of other places in the vicinity to visit and park up. If Matlock charges bikers then we should just go somewhere else. Their loss, and maybe us bikers will find a better meeting place

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Its not just there!

I was at Devils Bridge the other day and the toilets there have been rebuilt as paying ones. 20p to have a pee now or whatever you do, disgraceful. Not just for bikers but anyone including pensioners who are having a hard enough time. Looks like a lot more business for Bull Beck picnic area at Caton where sarnies are a lot cheaper (and as good) and toilets are free, and parking is easier.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

keep an eye on them

i was at bassetts pole on tuesday night,i saw a suit who looked very self important poncing about with a perma scowl.i deliberately overheard him telling a pcso (plastic cop}that he was having a meeting with the home secretary to see what can legally be done about such gatherings ! the bastards are out to get us people.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Garethfenn....

The businesses in matlock have wholeheartedly voiced their opinion against the proposals. Every few years the traffic wardens try to go heavy handed on parking fines at Matlock and within a mater of weeks the visitor numbers at Matlock decrease. The local businesses ALWAYS complain about this and eventually the council backs down.

Typically a car in Matlock will take up the space of about 7 bikes (it needs space for the car plus manouvering space). You can bet the council will try to charge more per square foot parking for bikes than they ever would for cars. This means weekend visitors to Matlock would likely significantly reduce and that will effect local businesses.

The main problem is that councils often have opinionated individuals with personal axes to grind. Once on street parking is introduced there it probably aint going to be removed and the local businesses know it will cause the demise of most local businesses there. They want the support of visitors to matlock to support them against this proposal.

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

Protest

The local council effectively dont want bikes in the town, its up to the regulars (and everyone else) to make their feelings known and block this ludicrous proposal...surely 7500 signitures is possible? Dont let appathy win, ACT NOW

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

spondonste

You are right,i know how it works in council meetings my mates dad used to be mayor,some pain in the arse with an axe to grind just goes on and on at every meeting and browbeats people along with bias unproven statistics ,usually plucked out of thin air,nobody can be bothered to argue with said rabid individual and eventually he /she gets there way just to shut them up.

Reply to this Topic
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Number 414

I hope they make the 7,500.

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

SIGN THE PETITION

SIGNED

come on people go sign the petition

This how to kill the local econemy in hard times, i cannot believe that they are hell bent on destroying a thriving area that atracts thousands of people and thier cash every year.

Eveyone who reads mcn should sign the petition and there must be more than 7,500 every week who read mcn and read  the website

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Tis

Signed.

They need a few of these :-)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy