Skip to content

Discuss This Petition launched against Matlock Bath parking plans General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Petition launched against Matlock Bath parking plans

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Angus Parker  says:

Petition launched against Matlock Bath parking plans

A petition has been set up to fight the planned parking charges for bikes on the streets of Matlock Bath, Derbyshire’s motorcycling Mecca. Sheffield Motorcycle Centre (SMC) have started the online petition, approved by Derbyshire County Council, which requires 7,500 signatures to force a re-think and keep parking free on Matlock Bath’s North and South parades. The village is one of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 July 2012 15:34)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

Having been a regular visitor to Matlock Bath for the last 30 yrs or so i've seen this coming for ages.Derbyshire/High Peak council have imposed parking charges in every area they know people go to enjoy the county.The only thing that will make them thing again is a form of direct action,i propose that all bikrers boycott Matlock Bath the whole of the August bank holiday weekend,this will give them a taste of what is in store for the towns income if they bring in the charges & believe me they will.I know this will not be easy to organise  but if we spread the word by e-mail,facebook(as i have already) & word of mouth we may gain a victory against these cretins in the council offices.United we stand,devided we fall so lets do it.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Stick with the petition!

I agree with ACEEDSTORM that a mass turn-out would attract a lot of attention from the media, but if you organise it and it pee's it down, no-one will turn up and we will look stupid. Last Septembers ride-out organised by MAG only succeeded in getting so many people to turn up was because the weather was good, unfortunately a wasted effort because lots of people saw it but did'nt know what it was about. People I spoke to just thought it was a club ride-out!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Stick with the petition!

I agree with ACEEDSTORM that a mass turn-out would attract a lot of attention from the media, but if you organise it and it pee's it down, no-one will turn up and we will look stupid. Last Septembers ride-out organised by MAG only succeeded in getting so many people to turn up was because the weather was good, unfortunately a wasted effort because lots of people saw it but did'nt know what it was about. People I spoke to just thought it was a club ride-out!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Sorry about the repeat!!

And sorry, when you said boycott, did you mean not to attend? My mis-interpretation I think. But again, if it rains, hardly anyone will be there anyway and no-one will know its a boycott. Maybe a MAG organised mass turn out on the first dry Sunday after a given date would ensure a result, with a message sent to local newspapers, TV, local radio etc to get the message across and embarrass the council into giving up. I am a bit confused however, that the council, according to the article above, has approved the petition. Are they not the ones imposing this charge?

Reply to this Topic
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

1689 and counting....

Hey MCN, how about bumping this so it is always on display on your home page ?

Reply to this Topic
grendelzrx1200s

Jul 12

There is NOW a Local M.A.G Grup set up now in Matlock Aray, Set up to tackel this prposeal of "Pay & display for ALL "MotorBikes" Matlock Bath thay meet at the Fishpouds pub in Matlock Bath on the 1st Monday of the mouth "LETS BOOT THIS OUT" ITS MADNES & IS A ££££££ MAKEING EXERSIZE FOR THE COUNTY COUNCIL

Reply to this Topic
SMCBikes

Sep 09

SMCBikes says:

Parking charges scrapped in Matlock Bath

Just to update everyone, we reached almost 7000 signatures on our petition both online and paper forms and handed them in to Matlock council :smile

The council have now scrapped plans to introduce parking charges in Matlock Bath :biggrin:

See news story here

Thanks for the support guys :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices