Skip to content

Discuss This WK 650i: the first big bike from China First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > WK 650i: the first big bike from China

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

WK 650i: the first big bike from China

The Chinese motorcycle industry has been churning out big, big numbers for a long time – over 50% of the world’s motorcycles are built there after all. Until now, however, they’ve often been small capacity copies; scooters and learner bikes built for commuters yet dismissed by true enthusiasts as cheap and poor quality. But one ‘large number’ has eluded them – until...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 July 2012 16:33)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

WK ?

Surely theres an A and N missing !

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

oldmanA...

Rogerborg is currently suffering from "Sand In His VAGINA" according to someone on this site. So I think you need to "cut him a little Slack". However Roger has just taken delivery of 100 cans of ACF-50 and is currently immersed in Anti corrosive Lubric-nt so hopefully he will be able to ease the Scored Cylinder lining and Come back Firing on all Cylinders.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

sprintst955

KWAN ? NAWK ? NWKA ? I Don't get it....!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Oh I get it...

KWAK. There are a few KWAKERS down my street the bloody Kwakers.

Reply to this Topic
frugaltail

Feb 12

frugaltail says:

when all you old timers are packing in your riding kids may be buying chinese, Honk of sh!t right now but maybe in the next 20 years they could be good! we will see.... as for the WK myself i would rather buy trusted second hand but this is either just a false start or a new start...

Reply to this Topic
marval

Nov 03

marval says:

Chinese Junk

That is the bike not the boat! If you buy a new one of these, you will have no mot worries, because you will have got rid of it on Ebay for spares or repair long before its 3rd birthday!!! I once gave a second hand Hyosung 650 a whirl, because it was very cheap. new they are about the same price of a discounted SV650,build quality was abysmal.Yet the Koreans can build cars??? I now have an SV650 brilliant!

Reply to this Topic
Idahojudgebuster

Oct 05

I suspect that frugaltaill is right that the quality  of Chinese bikes is going to improve. We have certainly seen that with Korean cars. One of my other hobbies is guns. While some Chinese firearms are nothing but cheap copies of American or European weapons others are really top notch! If they can make high quality weapons I see no reason they can't make high quality motorcycles.

Likewise I suspect that the Chinese will start developing their own designs. Remember Kawaski's first big bike was nothing more than a copy of a pre-unit construction BSA 650!

Reply to this Topic
paparoach

Aug 13

paparoach says:

as for the moment, will probably provide further input once i fip over a leg on one of these babies

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle