Skip to content

BMW Most advanced BMW S1000RR revealed S1000RR

You are in... Forums > BMW > S1000RR > Most advanced BMW S1000RR revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Most advanced BMW S1000RR revealed

BMW has officially unveiled the new BMW S1000RR HP4 which has the world’s most advanced semi-active suspension system. The HP4 is an S1000RR with the BMW Dynamic Damping Control (DDC) along with a host of BMW High Performance (HP) parts. DDC has not yet been seen on a production bike but will be the most advanced electronically adjustable suspension system which will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 July 2012 16:56)

Post a message in S1000RR

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Arse pipe

First of all Sentinel guardian you seem like one of these jealous people that probably ride an old clapped out gsxr. Have a look on recalluk website and I'm sure u will have a good couple of days reading about all the other recalls from every manufacturer. To put a few people straight on the rr recal it was discovered on super stock racing bikes, my dealer told me unless they are under severe punishment it won't happen but none the less must be fixed. GYFall ......... Well put matey

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

????

Carryover Feature?

I wonder if this edition will have the awesome "engine blowup" feature like the standard version?

you mean the aprillia right with 30 hp less and the engine failures. what if aprillia did gave the bike 20-30 hp extra. you couldn't ride for 25 miles. boem!

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

no time for the base line.

please shoot the first person that 'street fighters' one

Reply to this Topic
cetdac

Mar 10

cetdac says:

Come on Japan

Come on Japan - dont let these sneering banker types have all the bragging rights! Bikes belong to the working classes its our weapon of choice for getting back at the idle rich!

KYfail dont get your hopes up too much matey - even an old GXR will probably see you off.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Caldak

What a brash statement, I’m no Banker nor am I rich,  My bikes are my weapons of choice as you so eloquently put!
I don’t ride Suzuki, never have never will, I do have a fond liking for the Fire blade, I had the first ever blade CBR 900, Back in 93, But it got lifted by some Toe rag.
And Guess what I’m working class. I think most people who work are working class,  (WORK + CLASS)
The BMW S1000RR Is a great bike, The only people who slag it down are the Jap pocket rocket boys , jealous that the GSXR / R-1 types of bike are not top of the pile, Ducati /BMW / Aprilia / Triumph/ are now the best bikes to buy ,, by miles……
Jap bikes are good and fast, but disposable, it’s like buying a cheap rump steak from Tesco, its ok I guess!!!! ,
but why buy Rump when you could buy A Rib eye steak from A Quality Butcher, you would pay a little extra but Rib eye is so much better….
Just admit it, if you could you would…… “I can.... so... I do!”

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

No Progress

No progress in eliminating racial prejudice, that is.

“Jap bikes are good and fast, but disposable” – please. First of all, it is “Japanese”, not “Jap” (the latter being a slur). And you really expect us to believe this? After the European (and particularly British) motorcycle industry was severely diminished (or almost eliminated) when the Japanese introduced motorcycles that were reliable, did not leak oil or blow up, and had up to date technology?

Funny thing is, all the failed (i.e. not being able to complete the test due to mechanical failure, or requiring major mechanical repair) bikes in various magazine tests over the last decade or so that come to mind have been from Aprilia, Ducati, MV Agusta, and Triumph.

Seems many in Europe are just as bad as the ignoramuses in the US who have a cult like worship of Harley-Davidson, and consider all other bikes to be crap, and are totally clueless that they are being sold decades old technology at premium prices (a 2-cylinder, push-rod, 2-valves/cylinder H-D cruiser is about 50% more than a Japanese liter-bike).

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

TomRR

I'm confussed..... How did you get to Japs eye ? and why is the legend, the the Casius Clay of Bikes.... The one and only ......GixerCarl so quiet on this subject ???? we want Carl, we want Carl, we want C... !

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

I test rode the standard S1000RR and was impressed. Would love to ride this one and check out that fancy suspension. Progress is a good thing.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Snev

We want Carl..... we want carl...... could be he has finally come to the Dark side, and got the RR,,,,, that would make him and  I quote,     ,"a cock"   yep he said that about 2 yrs ago now... hmmmm.  

come on Carl   AKA  Carl the all knowing Guro..........

WE WANT CARL...WE WANT CARL.......:)

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Piglet -twoten!

Eh,,,its... Jap Crap,,,,,,its a saying from the 60s 70s80s90sand now,,

So Jap crap that!

I agree about the Septics.. thats Americans to you and me.... and the Harley-Ds,,, but HDs are cool,and sound ace "love the grunt"   thats Grunt SNEV---GRUNT!    its not about speed and power etc, its a life style....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices