Skip to content

BMW Most advanced BMW S1000RR revealed S1000RR

You are in... Forums > BMW > S1000RR > Most advanced BMW S1000RR revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Most advanced BMW S1000RR revealed

BMW has officially unveiled the new BMW S1000RR HP4 which has the world’s most advanced semi-active suspension system. The HP4 is an S1000RR with the BMW Dynamic Damping Control (DDC) along with a host of BMW High Performance (HP) parts. DDC has not yet been seen on a production bike but will be the most advanced electronically adjustable suspension system which will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 July 2012 16:56)

Post a message in S1000RR

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SStyloF

Oct 10

SStyloF says:

fine wth all the highend stuff but switchable maps are gimmicks. Infinite maps in your right hand. If you sliding around int he wet or on the street. You should either be a racer or driving a car.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Grunt, grunt...

@ TomRR – Just because “Jap Crap” is an old saying does not mean it is appropriate.

And I used to live in Milwaukee, so I know all about H-D and the “lifestyle”. Now I am in Iowa, so I would get a Victory instead (made in Spirit Lake, Iowa) if I wanted a heavy cruiser made in the US. Besides, everyone here (it seems) has a H-D – to you the Honda NT700V is a dull commuter-middle weight tourer, but here it is an exotic that has everyone asking me “what is that?”

And if I want “grunt”, I will get a Ducati Diavel with nearly the same torque and twice the power for about the same price as a H-D “Big Twin”; and of course, much better brakes and handling.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Grunt you say?

Hayabusa 154 NM's..... Enough for you girls???

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Miss Piggie

Different bikes for different purposes.

Let's face it, you simply are interested in the best performance for your buck.  If that's what you want then there is no better class of bike for the latest tech and pest performance than the liter race rep segment. Does this mean that all other types of bikes follow suit?

No.  Sometimes you just want to get on a bike, tool around in the countryside with no pretentions or ego driven feelings, smelling the roses, so to speak.  Riding for the sake of riding.  Simple and pure.  That's what cruisers and sport classics are for and why so many manufacturers still have them in their lineup.  No need for 200 RWHP and all kinds of electronic gimmeckery and top shelf componentry for this kind of riding.  Is it wrong that people like this kind of riding?

Judging by the way you post on this site, you obviously like hanging out at the local coffee shop or other shit hole where you believe that's the place to be, talking smack about each other's stretched swingarms and 240 wide rear tires, chrome heelguards and such.  Some riders like to get out and ride and not care what others think.  No do they need to hang out in groups trying to impress each other.

As for Jap crap, I'm not sure why you're taking such offense if you're not Japanese.  Besides, even Jap crap has much of their parts coming from China and Indonesia.  But I have to admit, it kind of is crap.   I've had a Ninja 1000 for almost a year now and it's going up for sale.  The most boring bike I've ever ridden.    Decent enough, but the I-4 bores me to tears.   Cracked swingarm and leaking head gasket and an electronic glitch that shuts down the engine while leaned over or while braking hard.  I just bought an underpowered archaeic Guzzi and have more fun on it.  Fun, that's what it's all about, isn't it?  Who cares what bike you have your fun on?

But I do have an HD in the garage too.  It's actually been sitting in the corner of the garage for 10 years, untouched.  I enjoyed it for a bit.  And will again someday.  Lots of othe bikes for other reasons have happened in the interim.  All my favorites have been the air cooled twins, I must say... all 3 brands of them.  All have been reliable and cheap to own over the years.  The 4 cylinder ones have been my least favorite and most expensive to keep running.  But I'm still glad they exist.

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

I do not believe

On first place, that famous BMW RRRR100000000, is exactly replica in many main and most important stuff, off Suzuki GSXR 1000 k5..to day whole world know that simple and plane true...but like all other stuff endless money (which come from pure robbery  , if you ask me, because dash bord for BMW car which cost 50000 pounds is "made in china" like many other plastic and enterior stuff) Hush! dont tell to no one, but all BMW series cars from 1 to 5, you get off the for assembly belt, BMW  factory it's self,cost almost exactly the same,  , something bout 9000€. same like AUDi, Same like WW etc...the difference (not great), it's make only accessory and because of that german car is very poor equped in basic form. or rather only equipped with basic stuff  and for each electric window winders you nead  to give them entire small fortune...just the same filosophy is aplayed now on Bikes...that new , whou BMW RR RR RR will cost like a little airplane.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

x2glider

Your assumptions regarding Mr Piglets Biking habits are a little wide of the mark, Mr piglet Rides a honda110 lead.... daily and for longer trips at the weekend.... the venerable Dullsville, neither have 240 section tyres or extended swingarms.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Close

@ snev – Close. I have an Elite NHX110, which differs from the Lead 110 in having stalk-mounted instead of integrated turn signals (thank you USDOT), and a few other unimportant matters. I also have a Yamaha TW200, which has a massive ~13 HP at the rear wheel – it will wheeze its way up to 65 mph or so, but really prefers to run in the 40-50 mph range in top gear. Great gravel and dirt road bike, which we have a lot of here. For the track and blowing out some cobwebs, I have a CBR600F4i which is mostly stock except for some bodywork “personalization” (i.e. scratches and scrapes).

@ X2Glider – Why would I need a cruiser when I can loaf around on the NT700V, keeping the engine between 2500 and 3500 rpm? The bike does it quite well, and is much less “show-offy” than any cruiser or sport classic (see, I really don’t care much what other people think, or I would ditch the furry helmet ears). And for a slow and relaxed ride, what could be better than a small scooter (the NHX110) – no clutch or shifting to deal with, and one would really have to try hard to dump it when coming to a stop (unlike the tall and top heavy NT700V)?

And no, I do not sit around with the squids and talk smack; although no one talks more smack that H-D owners here in the US, which is the main reason why I would not own one (I like the XR1200R otherwise).

Reply to this Topic
joshcherry93

Jan 11

joshcherry93 says:

Hmm

If you ride it well then fair play, i am by no means trying to bring wealth into this, I'm merely stating that you see a hell of a lot of people buying these things, having massive chicken strips on the tires whilst it sits in the garage for 10 months of the year then selling the thing, people who ride these well and often need not take notice of my comment.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

toecutter71

you crack me up,....... you really do.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Apologies Piggie

Seems I was off the mark a bit about you.  Sometimes hard to tell by your posts about your attitude about biking style and choice of bikes. But you can't be all bad.  Anyone who digs the TW is good in my book.  I've climbed quite a few hills on it and made full on MXers cry because I had traction on the climb and all they did was spin the tire or tumble backwards. 

Nothing wrong with admitting you own a NT700V.  I admire utilitarian.  And out of Honda's current lineup the NC700X and CBR250 are my personal favorites.

As for HD owners talking smack, I'd put race rep riders and stunters over the HD guys.  Won't catch me hanging out with either though.  Can't stand the chip-on-the-shoulder attitudes.

Don't let the pirates stop you from ever buying an XR1200R.  Just stay away from them.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices