Skip to content

BMW Most advanced BMW S1000RR revealed S1000RR

You are in... Forums > BMW > S1000RR > Most advanced BMW S1000RR revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Most advanced BMW S1000RR revealed

BMW has officially unveiled the new BMW S1000RR HP4 which has the world’s most advanced semi-active suspension system. The HP4 is an S1000RR with the BMW Dynamic Damping Control (DDC) along with a host of BMW High Performance (HP) parts. DDC has not yet been seen on a production bike but will be the most advanced electronically adjustable suspension system which will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 July 2012 16:56)

Post a message in S1000RR

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Damn

that looks the dogs.

Not sure about the DDC mind,we'll have to see on that score.

It'll look sick in black, that's for sure.

Reply to this Topic
joshcherry93

Jan 11

joshcherry93 says:

Hmm

Nice, another bike for ageing business men to own with the electrics they can brag about to their mates - I defy the average s1000 owner to get to the point where the rider aids need to kick in

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

HP4.......Brown sauce or dog's ballox?

At last,at bloody at last BMW have actually given this bike a lower fairing that looks complete,instead of all the nasty little panels dotted all over the place. Never mind the excuse if the bike is decked you replace only broken panels,thus saving owner money.The original looks CACK...period!!! Not to keen on colour as the HP serious should be black,white and that lovely rich blue,still makes nay difference to me,i can't afford one.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Good move!

Ducati's system of designating sportbikes, IMO, is the benchmark for the industry. Start with a standard version, add a "S" at about 5 grand more with better suspension and some more options and then either add a "R" or Tricolore" at an additional 5 grand on top the S with a hot, track ready package and great paint scheme.

Nice to see BMW is now offering hyper versions of their S1000RR under the HP label. That's a good move.

I was hoping that the bike looked a bit different than the stock, considering it will sell for about $19-20K US, based on some leaked info from Germany.

This leaked document that was initially posted on http://www.portalmotos.com/revista/noticias/bmw-hp4-primeros-apuntes-de-la-supersport-de-bmw/13080.html also shows a Competition version in the works, which would be the equivalent of Ducati's R or Tricolor. It will be called BMW S1000RR HP4 Competition. The price tag is about 22-24K US. Keep in mind these prices are all guesstimates based on this document, it is possible that in the US they will offer a much better deal. Here's the screen grab of the page in question: http://www.portalmotos.com/imagenes/Imagenes_Web/albumes/Motos%20espectaculares/BMW%20HP4/10299.jpg

Here's a link to the complete press release by BMW on the new S1000RR HP4: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18519#p126714

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

So i guess DDC will be on the next gen GS then?

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

bloody nice bike that bmw,with 10kg lost in weight this bike will fly.

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Yeeeha

This is what we need, other bike manufacturers need to listen up. Like Ducati with there s models then r models, can u imagine it, Kawasaki zx10rrrrrrrrr grsxrrr1000rrr lol Honda fire blade superlegera, But on a serious note, a BMW s1000rr with more power and a 10k weight loss????? Wtf?

Reply to this Topic
GFYALL

Dec 09

GFYALL says:

Every advance is worthwhile

To the idiot who stated that only ageing businessmen will buy them and never use any of the electronic aid, YOU ARE 100% WRONG. Every aspect of the original RR is useful on a day to day basis. From switching engine maps depending on the conditions, allowing all weather riding for a 200HP bike. Electronic suspension will work all the time, improving feel and comfort, especially in less than ideal road conditions, which are too common in the UK. Extra lightness is another useful feature, as are the improvements in looks from the carbon etc... Essentially anyone who says, what's the point, is either jealous or a luddite in terms of technological progress. Yes this isn't a working class bike, good thing too. It's about time biking was wrestled from the grimy hands of the Jap loving proletariat.

Reply to this Topic
SentinelGuardian

Dec 10

Carryover Feature?

I wonder if this edition will have the awesome "engine blowup" feature like the standard version?

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Josh-----93

So are you saying older riders cant ride,,,,, I have the first RR,, am 52  so is that me in that blab!  Ive been riding bikes all sorts of bikes for almost 35 yrs now, i GOT THE RR . and a Ducati and the RDLC350 .. oh and my Triton 650 Thunderbird,,,, why have I got them,  well becouse I love bikes, and I now have the funds to live my life...

Your right about getting the ultimate from the RR,, but I guess you can coz your the man,,,,,

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices