You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > NO CLAIMS

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

NO CLAIMS

I tried to transfer my policy to a new bike , i spoke to Bennnetes i was asked " what noclaims do you have on the new bike"? i told him "of course i have none it is a new bike how could i possibly have any i v never insured it before". I was then told noclaims are now on the individual bike not on the rider " It is the rider who controls the bike the good record is kept up by the rider not the bike" So it seems NCD now starts from zero every time you change your bike. I FOR ONE WILL NOT BE USEING BENNETS AGAIN :mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 July 2012 18:23)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

As far as

I'm aware, NCB applies to the person who's named on the policy, not to the vehicle.

Insurers will use any excuse to plunder money out of you.

Reply to this Topic
David455

Mar 12

David455 says:

Load of ****

I for one would be back on to them and ask to talk to someone competent at their job. Load of crap or ask for your no claims certificate or proof of it and take your business elsewhere

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

AFAIK NCB

Is granted for (more or less) continuous claim free cover of a vehicle.  One bike earns one NCB transferable from bike to bike, but only applicable to one bike at a time.

Depending on your history or their keenness to win the business some insurers may voluntarily offer some free NCB, or match the NCB from a still running policy on another bike, just to get your business.  Once you have a renewal notice you have a(nother) transferable NCB.

Of course I could have it all wrong...

Reply to this Topic
MakemRider

Jul 11

MakemRider says:

NCB

stands for No Claims Discounts & the policy holder & any named driver/rider earns them if they don't make a claim. It doesn't matter how many times you change your bike/car so either they are trying to rip you off or the person you were dealing with is a total idiot.

My money is on the latter.

Reply to this Topic
red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

NCD

Yes that what i always thought but it now changed  Bennets told me .

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

I think

they're talking crap (or you've spoken to an incompetent twat at Bennetts).

I changed my bike in March (insured through Aviva) and I had no problem with NCB on the new bike.

Try Aviva - I've found them to be pretty competitive, and never had any real problems with them either.

Reply to this Topic
MakemRider

Jul 11

MakemRider says:

PS

Forgot to mention, I was insured for 1 year on a CBF125, just renewed last week but also changed bike to a restricted CBR600F. No probs getting my 1 year NCB on the new bike.

I'm insured with Aviva through Carol Nash.

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

bennetts

talking sh1t..... NCB is given to the named driver/rider and is transferable between vehicles but only applicable to one vehicle at a time for that policy.

ask Bennetts for confirmation in writing to that effect... ask them to supply you with the relevant section of the rules/laws that state that NCB is now only applicable to a singular vehicle and not the rider.  

alternatively contatc either of these for advice and 'ammo' for conformation...

http://www.abi.org.uk/

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle