Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Ducati confirm new deal for Nicky Hayden MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Ducati confirm new deal for Nicky Hayden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Ducati confirm new deal for Nicky Hayden

Ducati has announced in Laguna Seca this morning that American rider Nicky Hayden has signed a new one-year deal with its factory MotoGP squad. The 2006 world champion has signed a deal for 2013 with an option for the 2014 world championship campaign, as was first revealed by MCN on Twitter yesterday (Thursday). The Kentucky rider, who turns 31 on Monday, said:...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 July 2012 18:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Loyal servant..

..all round top bloke, and to my mind a deserved contract extension. Let's hope next years bike is a big step forward and Crutchlow's his team mate..!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Deserves it?

Not in my books. It looks like Ducati Corse are determined to continue with their policy of recent years - two nr.2's.

Reply to this Topic
fanofthesport

Mar 10

who would you pic, Nostro?

Two #2's? Then who would you pick if you were the decision maker at Ducati Corse? The greatest of all time can't ride the thing, none of the other top riders want it or they have signed contracts, and Casey is the only one who ever could ride it since the days of the 990 and he's given the championship the middle finger. Since Nicky would NOT be your choice, who should it be? Cal? He will be on the other one, since Rossi will go back to Yamaha almost certainly. So who instead of Nicky, Nostro?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Loyalty got Nick a new deal.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Nostro

you are a tit.  He does deserve the ride, you still bitter about casey and ben and Rossi getting the Yam ride, get over it

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Nostro - Nicky deserves it indeed.  What you think a new rider is gonna start planting it at the sharp end straightaway?  Nah mate.  You're a clever guy so have a good think over a Jamesons (not Jenna) as to what's involved with taking on a new rider.  A new rider who has to understand MotoGP and get on with the Italian Outfit, who will forsake everything, has the right mentality, can bring some big sponsors (afterall MotoGP is about one thing only), is not fazed by the circus or the bullshit that goes with it and can help develop a bike (or at best not ride around the problems).  Nothing is clear cut and you only see what you believe should be happening.  Is he gonna win a WC?  Nope.  But he rides his balls off every race and more imoprtantly can sell motorcycles in the process.  He has a loyal following forged from 10 years of hard graft who will buy tickets to watch him.  Plus he's Amercian which pretty much sums it all up.  And I fucking love Americans.  Sort yourself out son.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Shawny my little product of the seventies

Firstly I'm not your son. That would be a physical impossibility on a couple of fronts.

Predictably we get the chorus of hard working, deserving, bike selling nice guy Nicky. Bollocks to the lot of it. Nicky doesn't sell motorcycles - certainly not Ducati motorcycles. Ducati's excellent model line up and latin mystic perception does that, winning does that, not flouncing around in MotoGP from 5th to 10th.

Marlboro are already tied in to Ducati. The sponsors coin is already there. There are few outlets for their dollars and they feel they still need to spend for product awareness. Ducati and Marlboro are a good and established fit.

Such a shame Ducati took the conservative route. They could've taken a punt and signed Coventry alongside a youngster like Pol Espargaro. Results really couldn't get much worse than what they already are with their two thirty something dinosaurs lumbering around waiting for an asteroid to hit them. Looks like both these lounging lizards have fortuitously avoided that - for now.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Nicky

Nicky rides the thing as well as Rossi, and I would think it foolish to consider Rossi over the hill.

Don't know how different the bike was for Melandri and Stoner a few years back, but it seems some people can ride a Duke and some can't.  Obviously Stoner could despite problems, and Melandri couldn't, although he is tearing it up on the BMW in WSB.

Nicky is no Stoner, but he's decent on the beast and doesn't crash often and doesn't whine.  He's a known quantity while a new rider who is good on a Yamaha/Honda could do badly on the Duke.

Very happy for him.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Nostro (pops), Nicky is adding to the US till receipts whichever way you look at it (Marketing is a highly cunning fox that goes very deep).  Yes, I wanna see Cal there,  Every Brit does.  I disagree, the results could be a lot worse; Rossi and Hayden could be Ben Spies.  But I do agree that Hayden's last shot is next year.  After that his time is over, but I feel he's just about peaking with that Duke and I wanna see him take it to the last level he's capable of before his physical or mental limits prevent him.  It's like a Champagne bottle about to burst (no euphinism) then let your young blood strangle that red bull for all it's worth under the guise of a new director.  He's no dinosaur mate.  And Like I said - there are a lot of $$ that are thrust into the G-string of Ducati because of that American.  Give him one last chance bud....

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Nostro..

..do you really think Espargaro would do anything more than Nicky on that bike? - I doubt it very much and certainly not in his rookie year. He's a solid rider but I don't think he's marked himself out to be anything special, despite doing well so far this year. I think with his experience and a good bike underneath him, Hayden could be a good outside bet for a top championship place next season..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle