Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Ducati confirm new deal for Nicky Hayden MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Ducati confirm new deal for Nicky Hayden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Ducati confirm new deal for Nicky Hayden

Ducati has announced in Laguna Seca this morning that American rider Nicky Hayden has signed a new one-year deal with its factory MotoGP squad. The 2006 world champion has signed a deal for 2013 with an option for the 2014 world championship campaign, as was first revealed by MCN on Twitter yesterday (Thursday). The Kentucky rider, who turns 31 on Monday, said:...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 July 2012 18:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Jl46

Feb 12

Jl46 says:

Agood bet for a top championship place? you really cant see him finishing higher than 8th over the course of the season can you?

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

LOL

With Nicky signed and Ducati wanting an Italian on the Bike. If Rossi does not stay I fully expect Andrea Ianonne to move into the Factory spot.

Monkey boy is doing pure shit since his much heralded and overhyped 4 places. What have you done for me lately is not a conversation Baboon man wants to have with anyone period. I am afraid gorilla is almost on his way out as the music is slowing down and he is out of place to get to a chair.

His only hope is for Dovi to get pissed off and leave for WSBK. This would allow him for the seat by default and not based on his racing ability. One crash from the primate and he is going to be banished to latrine duties as all the riders will close in on him. This Laguna Seca track is a bogey track for him. Watch him collect gravel.

Reply to this Topic
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

I normally concur with your posts Nostro, but in this case I think it is a wise move by Ducati.

All the reasons previously given are true in my opinion, but the real reason I think they should keep him on for another year is that he is the yard stick by which to measure their new signing. (I hope Rossi goes to Yamaha for everyone's sake, especially Ducati's)

It is a bit like changing the set up on your bike, if you change too many things in one go, you do not know which change is having what effect. They need Nicky as their base line to evaluate both the new rider and any changes to the bike in the short term.

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

NOSTRO

When Rossi signes for Yamaha and wins or comes second in the 2013 world championship to Jorge Lorenzo, I'm just gonna love your postings.

Oh, actually, their probably won't be any. You will be hiding in shame somewhere!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Nice way to celebrate the new deal is by beating Rossi on race day in front of the home crowd. I would just imagine where Nick would be if he was on a Yam hopefully next year.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

US MotoGP: Ducati confirm new deal for Nicky Hayden

Proof positive that Vale's off.

A good deal for both factory and Nicky imo.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Don't see how its proof positive

If Ducati had signed Crutchlow, instead of stalling on the deal, THAT would be proof positive of Rossi leaving. Crutchlows future hangs on VRs decision.

Good for Nicky, he deserves another year on an improving bike.

Reply to this Topic
Shepshep

Aug 09

Shepshep says:

Passport farce

This will be Nickys Thirteenth year on a full factory bike and how many GP's has he won? THREE!!! Total farce. Nationality and sponsorship desires far outweigh talent in this comercial comedy. I will not be watching Moto GP next year, I am interested in sport, not sponsorship.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Well fuck off Shepshep

Don't let the door knob hit you in the ass on the way out. Kinda funny to me how Val is considered still able to challenge for a title on a better bike or improved Ducati and should be resign for a gazillion dollars. Yet Nicky is doing just as good as him and has been out qualifying "The Doctor" yet he's a waste of space and should be fired. Hypocrisy at it's best.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

SM

If Ducati had signed Crutchlow, instead of stalling on the deal, THAT would be proof positive of Rossi leaving.

If Ducati had signed Cal it would'nt prove anything re- who would stay, Nicky or Vale? Ducati were never (imo) going to run the same pair of riders next season. Fresh blood is needed. Nicky + A N Other next season.

I would'nt bet on it being Cal either (unless he raises his game).

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices