Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa quickest on new Honda MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa quickest on new Honda

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa quickest on new Honda

Dani Pedrosa took full advantage of an all-new factory Honda RC213V machine at Laguna Seca today to head the timesheets at the end of the opening day of practice in California. The Spaniard had set the best pace in this morning’s session with a 1.21.424 that edged out compatriot Jorge Lorenzo by just 0.074s. The Repsol Honda rider though upped his pace...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 July 2012 23:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

OH YES HE IS SNEV..Haaha

Fk me..the Christmas pantomime that is a #27ers world eh?

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

HELD UP AGAIN.....

SLOW RIDER`S ON A SHORT TRACK,JUST UNLUCKY TO CATCH `EM IN THE CORNER`S.STILL,HE`LL PISS IT IN THE RACE,   NO WORRIES MATE. COR,AIN`T ROSSI FAST ?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

For your sake..

Nev, he needs to..

God forbid he reverts to type and plays sand castles again, win or bin it style. The odds on him backing up that title will lengthen considerably.

2 down with 8 to play ain't exactly sitting pretty, especially when you're known as a choker, ask PC.

I'll STFU now or the lad will be getting the yips tomoz thinking about it.

:upset::wacko::blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi

I agree that if he does choose to go back to Yamaha - I say choose as he has said the choice is his alone with 3 offers on the table - it will be a ballsy move and deserving of some respect as Lorenzo seems to be riding a crest at the moment, looking completely at one with that bike and taking him on will be a monumental task. The outright smoothness that Lorenzo achieves and displays on the Yamaha is incredible to watch and in complete contrast to the two Hondas which are squirming all over the place to get the same lap times in quali today

If Rossi has learned to check his ego, he could go there saying that yes, Lorenzo is the best out there and I am looking forward to the challenge of competing against him. It will be tough but I will do my best. I think if he did that, no-one would think any worse of him if he did get beaten - but can he work that way? I still liken him to Alain Prost with his manipulating of team matters and the only thing that bothers me if he went back is that there seem to be influential people who have a vested interest in him winning again with money, as ever, at the root of it. I'd hope, that collusion to ensure he did win wouldn't raise its ugly head. Lorenzo doesn't deserve that.

I did think though that his statement about the Yamaha ride having negatives showed that he wasn't overly confident of taking wins from Lorenzo. Personally, I think he may get one, maybe more, but don't think he will beat Lorenzo to the title, and Pedrosa will be very hard to beat also. With the rest of the competition on satellite bikes, CRT or factory Ducatis, you would expect that he should regularly be on the podium.

The Ducati period has been humbling. The body language today at the end of quali could finish it. He can't ride it and again Hayden can find a quali set up with the soft tyre that he can't. Personally I don't think either of them is getting the full potential out of that bike but Hayden is getting more out of it than Rossi. Rossi should be half a second up on Hayden, not the other way around - or are we seeing as fact that on equal equipment, he isn't actually that much quicker than a capable team mate.

I think he should go back. No matter how much Audi fund it next year, unless they turn it into a Yamaha clone for the start of the season, another barren year will pass. Staying on for another year won't get him the results he wants and by 2014, who knows what state his self-confidence will be in. It must have taken a mauling by now. Also, come 2014, there may be no more openings at Yamaha. This is his last chance. I can't see him letting it pass by.   

Whether his confidence has been hammered to the point that Lorenzo will finish him remains to be seen but either way, wherever he goes next year, he is in for another tough season and his reputation is on the line, completely. Some aspects of it are irretrievably gone such as set up and development ability together with the ability to surmount and ride around any problem. Showing that he still has the speed and ability to compete for wins on a good bike are salvageable. But it will be a hard slog I think.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

It is funny you mention Stoner and petulence, I just saw the qualifying and old bucktooth was up to his usual moaning about other riders on the track, what a twat!!!!!!

Did you, or didn't you, see with your own eyes Stoner get held up in some of his last fast lap attempts.

They all want pole - badly - he's disappointed he didn't get it - that's what he said, whether you take it as moaning or not, he said what's happened. When things don't go their way, the are ALL capable of what you refer to as moaning and whining

Why is one rider a twat, when another, who has a public moaning meltdown about his employer earlier in the season, not one.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

With respect Bud..my guess is you'll be crying your eyes out next year. Are you gonna quit the board, like most #27ers, or re-invent yourself as a blower of black mamba's?

You guess wrong bud. I have cried my eyes out for the last 2meets though, but hey, it could be worse,  it could've been the last 20months.

btw..your poodle's yapping for it's dinner.

Border Collie.

2 attempts and 2 fails.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Mmm..

2 attempts and 2 fails..Ah well pal, like you say, I'm in good company.

Enjoy your game tomorrow and..try not to think of old wosi howling with laughter as you stand over the ball and line that putt up.

Woof-woof.

Another fine comment Bulto..whaasup sedge? get a few snakebites down ya man..!

I haven't read Rossi's statement about negatives at Yamaha. Was he refering to worrries about taking Lorenzo on? Maybe he's not chuffed about the prospect of working with Jarvis again, who definitely views Jorge as his blue-eyed boy.  

Maybe it's Rossi who's concerned he won't get the same level of equipment? Kind of Ironic, I know.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Bulto

Being on pole isn't that much of an advantage for winning the race, really only the front row counts, which is what he got. All he was thinking about was the kudos of getting pole. But instead of thinking being second on the grid is a good place to win the race, no, he whinges about other riders in the way, like they haven't any right to be on the track. How many times did Rossi get nowhere near the pole, but went on to win the race, the difference being he knew he was cabable of passing other riders, whereas Stoner is not.

He is a twat, because he was moaning, when he was still 2nd on the grid. Rossi was moaning about a shit handling bike that they were failing to rectify and was only allowing him to qualify 10th. So you can't compare the two.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Firebird

He is a twat, because he was moaning, when he was still 2nd on the grid. Rossi was moaning about a shit handling bike that they were failing to rectify and was only allowing him to qualify 10th. So you can't compare the two.

Neither were where they like to have been hence the 'moans'. You just seem to place more emphasis on one rider than another. Twat.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Pacey

No one minds the odd moan, but It was the manner of the way Stoner was moaning to the interviewer, he was like a petulant kid and was almost demanding that he should have a clear track for him to qualify on. Twat.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices