Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo claims pole with record lap MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo claims pole with record lap

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo claims pole with record lap

Jorge Lorenzo claimed his third pole position of the season in record-breaking fashion at the spectacular Laguna Seca track in California this afternoon. The Spaniard secured his first pole position since the second round of the 2012 campaign in Jerez with a record lap of 1.20.554, which narrowly beat Casey Stoner’s pole record of 1.20.700 set on a Ducati Desmosedici 800cc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 July 2012 23:20)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

If Rossi goes back goes back to where he left its gonna be war the return of the wall splitting the garage and also possible the ban on data sharing all races will see a Yamaha 1-2 assuming one of them crashes.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Why the tunnel vision, lads?

Rossi to Yamaha will simply concentrate the field even further - is that what you really want?  Is success for Valentino the whole reason for MotoGP's sad existence??

I watch MotoGP for good racing amonst as many riders and manufacturers as possible.  On that criteria I am witnessing dimishing returns, and listening to a pack of hyenas arguing over the MotoGP corpse is not entertainment.

I'm a bike-racing fan ..... get  me out of here!

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

clakita clakita vfr clakita fkd cams blah blah

1986vfr if if fkn if...

If you had a fkn brain it would be lonely!

That's all, goodnight.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Yup...

Great ride from Lorenzo & Stoner... Stoner's perfect lap was just better tha JL's but it was Jorge who strung the sectors together to take pole without getting held up, which takes some skill & good luck at a circuit this short.

Is Dani dropping from pole last race to 3rd down to the new set up? The new engine certainly doesn't seem to have done Stoner's performance any harm.

... & well said Smackbum...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Smackbum.....

Youve hit the nail on its head. Way to many bitter and sour people on here whinging and moaning about certain racers, certain teams and bikes and really we should be talking about the riding and racing instead of commenting on the politics and trying to sound like 'we' know what is going on, who is going where and how to fix the issues with certain bikes.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

I think for the first time I actually agree with young Blinkerz. Rossi to Yamaha will mean Yam 1-2s at most races with the odd guest appearance from Pedrosa. Unless Marc Marquez really is the second coming.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

knob i mean bob

Wow what an odd useless thing to say. Now i see why you get treated like the red headed special needs step child on this forum

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

you are too polite VFR

knob is far to tame a word for such a prick.
He like many on here are sad twisted and very bitter towards riders that have more talent in their little toe than these idiots will ever have.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

milkybars

lol fantastic mate.i am sick of stacey moaner,this prick thinks everybody should stop racing and just leave a clear track for his highness.moaner you do not own the track,others have a right to try and beat you,if they want to follow you to get a quick lap that is ok too,you are a great rider so stop the childish behaviour get out there and go for it and cut the crap,failing that fk off

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

I agree with Wosi (surprise!)

Yes, I think it is a deal breaker if Yamaha doesn't like Val bring his crew. If Val has to basically pay his way back to Yamaha and pretty much fund his own ride it's nothing but a show of "who's in charge" for them not to let him bring his own guys. It seems Yamaha is pretty much stripping Val of his power/influence in the team before he even walks in the door. Like I said earlier, this is Jorge's team, this is not 2004, and Yamaha will take all of Val's money but only on their terms. Not allowing his crew maybe too big of a pill for Val to swallow. He's been with the same guys for about 10 years - why would he change now?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices