You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > Trackday Damage

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Razorblader

May 10

Razorblader says:

Trackday Damage

A good subject for a future MCN - tyre diagnostics. Did only my third trackday but each time the same result to the tyres. Bridgestone 016s on a Fireblade with standard air pressures less 2 PSI front and rear, yet the tyres didn't look evenly worn like a similar machine with Diablos. Mine looked like I'd been accelerating hard at lean with hot tyres, so they looked like they were tearing sideways. Middles looked OK to me. Any ideas what's going on? Could it be suspension settings (standard for UK road use so probably soft but not writhing on track) or my riding style (almost average skill)?. :blink: Puzzling ...

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 July 2012 23:29)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

Pressures way too high

If you're using road pressures less only 2psi, then you're not dropping them enough for track use and the tyres will run too hot.  Typically, road pressures are 36/36 front/rear or 36/42.  Where as track tyre pressures are often in the region of 31/29 front/rear.  Best thing to do is email Bridgestone, with your bike make/model, tyre details and track day ability/group and they should be able to give you a good starting point.

http://www.bridgestonebikersclub.co.uk/contact/

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle