Skip to content

Ask an Expert spain is the place to ride. Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > spain is the place to ride.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

byron10

Nov 10

byron10 says:

spain is the place to ride.

just spent 7wks on blackbird(bike) in spain. ferry to santander, ride thro' centre of country to south coast. best roads ever, virtually no traffic. mountains and extensive wooded national parks, free food everytime you buy a drink(tapas), what more could you ask for. did the Ronda test route featured in Ride mag. fantastic. all so easy, anyone can do it! stopped to re-hydrate in shade at side of road, middle of no-where, spanish lorry stopped to check we were ok. people so friendly and helpful.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 July 2012 12:08)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YoungHomer

Dec 09

YoungHomer says:

Awesome

Very jealous! I'm definately going to ride to southern Spain at some point. Trouble is I get sea sick so I'll have to ride through France! Any tips or useful info for riding in Spain?

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

Spain?

You must have done some different bits to me!  I've been from Santander and Bordeaux (France), and the northern parts of Spain are amazing, great mountains, very green, etc, but I found once I was south of that section it was very dull, very straight, and very hot!  It is a desert after all.  I've never been all the way down though and I'd like to give it a go now you've said that.  Will look up this Ronda test route.  And you're right about the Spanish, wonderful people.

Reply to this Topic
dd1965uk

Mar 09

dd1965uk says:

Ronda test route

Any luck finding this test route?

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

Ronda Test Route

Nope, not sure.  I think it could be the A-397 from Ronda to the south coast.  Ronda looks a nice place though with an amazing bridge.

Reply to this Topic
BeemerRT

Feb 12

BeemerRT says:

Riding Southern Spain

The road from Ronda to the coast is 25 miles of the finest roads you'll find anywhere. No wonder that the roads in that part of Spain are used for bike launches.

Spent 10 days in Teba last October (excellent base), renting a 1200GS and there was not one day that was less than fantastic

My advice is fly down and rent.

From memory it cost us around £1,200 incl nice accommodation, collection and return to the airport and the bike hire.

Look at BMW Motohire and speak to Mark

Reply to this Topic
asankhy

Sep 12

asankhy says:

hello

i want go for a holiday with my new ford can anybody suggest some awsome location....plzzzzz.....
for latest news just check this
dainik bhasker

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices