Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Casey Stoner triumphs in Laguna Seca MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Casey Stoner triumphs in Laguna Seca

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Casey Stoner triumphs in Laguna Seca

Reigning world champion Casey Stoner fought off pre-race favourite Jorge Lorenzo to claim his second successive victory in the US Grand Prix at Laguna Seca earlier today. Factory Yamaha rider and world championship leader Lorenzo had threatened to runaway with a sixth win in the opening 10 races of the new 1000cc era when he held off intense early pressure from...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 July 2012 23:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Show me the humour

and I will laugh.  But where there is none, thou shalt not find me giggling inanely whilst picking fleas off my fellow simian.  I'll leave that to you and your kind.

If you don't enjoy watching anyone win but your own poster-boy, then I think it is time to have a good long look at yourself in the room full of mirrors.  Sorry if you don't like what you see but we have to put up with it day in, day out, so harden up!

BTW - have you done 3 impossible things recently?  Casey Stoner apparently has.

Casey got blocked incessantly whilst going for pole position and didn't punch anyone.  This is of course impossible.

Casey chose the soft rear and managed his pace and tyre wear perfectly.  This is of course impossible.

Casey admitted that the previous 2 rounds were disasters of his own making.  This is of course impossible.

What next I wonder? 

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Where's the humour?

"But where there is none, thou shalt not find me giggling inanely whilst picking fleas off my fellow simian"

Ok firstly I gotta say that comments like that just make you look ridiculous

Second, if you can't see the humour in a guy who gets payed millions to ride about on fantastic motorcycles all day long at the best race tracks in the world in far off and exotic locations filled with skanty bits of crumpet, throwing in the towel just because someone was little bit rude to him several years ago, then there really is no hope for you!

I mean you've gotta laugh you really have. Its like watching a 5 year old throwing a massive tantrum! " I can't have exactly what I want exactly when I want it so I'm fkn off!!"

But for me the funniest part are the "fans" . PC's post is a perfect example, although he's not alone, aquarius posted something equally tragic. There are few things in life worse than a bad loser, except maybe a bad winner! I mean FFS, you're boy has just won a race, and all you guys can do is take cheap shots at Rossi. A win should be something to celebrate!

So I have to laugh at all this because it is, well, beneath contempt quite frankly.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

SM

Yeah, I hate riders with no balls aswell

Especially when they throw a big girly strop and quit racing because someone they worked for 2 years ago said something mildly unfriendly. That really is a lack of testicules!

Deflecting attention again from Rossi's piss poor effort. Who'd have guessed.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Cheers Rev!

Funny innit, how some people can dish it, but get all worked up when the favour is returned    =)

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

SM

Don't you realise when you're being patronised and having the piss ripped out of you

It's humour but not the kind for you to share in

At least you're more willing to practise what you preach and share a joke

I mean you've gotta laugh you really have. Its like watching a 5 year old throwing a massive tantrum! " I can't have exactly what I want exactly when I want it so I'm fkn off!!"

That was Rossi leaving Yamaha that you were talking about wasn't it?  Or was it one of his Ducati tantrums. So many, it's hard to tell.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Time to swap the dog-collar

for a more suitable model, RevBenny.  I thought you had reformed after your short spell in Coventry, but I fear a relapse is imminent.

I have nothing against Rossi and only an idiot wouldn't respect his achievements.  Certain choices he has made over time have come back to bite him in recent years, and his arrogance is diminished rather than cowed, but still he is a riding talent that MotoGP deperately needs at the moment.

But this story is about Casey Stoner winning the Laguna Seca round, which you would think reflects well on Honda, his team, and primarily the man himself.  But his success seems to just stir the bearded ladies on this forum to throw more stones.

Maybe if SuperMario changed his name to BigNose I could get into the Pythonesque humour he tries to peddle.  Then again .... maybe sometimes you just have to call an idiot an idiot and then let them prove it themselves.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I repeat

they can dish it but they clearly can't take it. Nice try bluto, but its clearly not gonna fly. Only 8 more races to go.

I bet casey's starting to get worried now, baleful looks over his shoulder at Ezpeleta, hoping that he's gonna beg him to come back...

"oh casey please don't go, we all love you really"

Ha ha ha fat chance! he's as popular as a dog turd in a lucky dip and he knows it

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

QED SuperMario

Look it up after you have finished your homework.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

*SWOON*

oooooooooooooooohhhh you're so clever with your funny words!

...of course, if there was no truth in my comments, you wouldn't need to reply, right?

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Repsol Media Service Press Release

A couple of excerpts

Dani Pedrosa and Casey Stoner reached a new milestone for Repsol Honda Team at the US Grand Prix this past weekend. After eighteen years of successes, including over 100 victories and 9 world titles, the team achieved the 300-podium landmark through Casey Stoner and Dani Pedrosa’s efforts in the tenth round of this year’s MotoGP World Championship season.

The best riders have ridden with the instantly recognisable Repsol Honda livery over the past two decades and it is Dani Pedrosa who has obtained the most podiums for the team. The current Repsol rider has been on the rostrum on 65 occasions —16 wins, 26 second places and 23 thirds— and has the intention of further improving this figure as he challenges for the title in 2012.

In less than two full seasons, Casey Stoner has to his name 23 podiums for Repsol Honda, courtesy of 14 victories, 2 second places and 7 third places. Together the pairing are the strongest duo in the premier class —just as Doohan and Crivillé were back in the day. The Repsol Honda RC213V is one of the most competitive bikes on the grid, following on from the legendary NSR 500 from the second half of the 1990s, the formidable RC211V from the early MotoGP era and last year’s title-winning RC212V.

With a total of 16 podiums from 10 races so far this year, the Repsol Honda Team lead the team standings once again

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices