Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Motivation waning, admits Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Motivation waning, admits Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Motivation waning, admits Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi has admitted finding it increasingly hard to stay motivated to ride Ducati’s struggling factory Desmosedici machine after he suffered a dismal US Grand Prix at Laguna Seca. The Italian had qualified a massive 1.9s off pole position in 10th and then crashed heavily on the fast approach to the spectacular Corkscrew while running in a lonely eighth place just...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 July 2012 07:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

hayden

nicky seemed to have heat in his front tyre, maybe you should get some tips off him, just no effort now that he has another ride sorted, no 100% riding with his heart now just his wallet, i know he wont beat jorge on the yam so why not give gresini a go and let another young gun have the yamaha ride.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

ow01

Whilst i can agree with you over the lack of effort thing , i dont think he's riding with his wallet. If that was the case, he'd have signed for Ducati again already. 17 million euros ? not to be sniffed at.

The bikes got serious issues and the engineers cant find the answers who wouldnt get demotivated. Honda have again thrown their might behind sorting the bike issues and rolled totally new bike out before this round. Ducati? a ECU that didnt work.

If your going to pay a multiple world champion a fortune at least be able to respond, work with. and sort the problems his feedback points out to you.

If you got the talent to be racing right at the front but not the bike. could you be arsed to put everything into it?

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Lack of Motivation - Translation.

Mentally weak. If these results(and they started way back) have been due to 'lack of motivation' then i'd say this is hypocrisy at it's finest. Rossi's fans and even Rossi himself have ripped on Stoner's 'mental fragility' when he was riding the Ducati. The main point was when he 'took time off to go fishing', right? that was 3 years in. Rossi is 1 1/2 seasons with Ducati and he talks of his mental weakness already? .. sorry, 'lack of motivation'.

Another example of hypocrisy.. Rossi fanatics actually tried to place the blame on Stoner for leaving him with a shit bike. If the GP11 was shit(although a very similar GP10 won  a few times the previous year) then he's created a really fast bicycle. Is it going to be described the same if he leaves? quitting, giving up, and leaving Nicky and his new team mate to clear up the mess he's made? of course not.

Just one more thing. People can spout all they want about how Ducati havent listened to him, and i agree this year they haven't been as active in making changes compared to 2011.. but can you blame them? Every update last year was something he asked for, full aliminium. Part carbon, part aliminium etc... and then we all found out what the biggest problem of all was... he was too tall for the bike? Now that was funny. It's no wonder they wont listen because if he asks for something and it doesn't work, he'll stab Ducati in the back saying he didn't ask for it. See pre season as an example. Sepang Test 1 2012 'This new GP12 is fantastic with lots of potential - DUCATI HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB' Qatar 2012 'It's unrideable, Ducati have not listened to what i have said'...

Ego's huh.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Clockcleaningboy, no one twisted the c***suckers arm to leave for Ducati and if I remember correctly, he and Burgess had that red fucker sorted in 80 seconds didn't they?

The way I see it, if anyone thinks they don't have to put in a solid effort for their pay, they don't deserve the opportunity, let alone get a virtual promotion because their uncle Caramello needs to buy another boudoir for his toyboys.

Just proves the machinery advantage he had earlier in his career. Silver spoon treatment for rusty brown talent.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Does it affect you ? Thought not.

Ducati made loads of changes last year mostly what they thought was right not Rossi, although he was very influential in the change to the twin spar chassis. Anyway who gives a fuck if it's his fault or engineers that the bike is wank. Frustrating for us Rossi fans but I don't lose any sleep and you shouldn't either. Even if Rossi never wins a race again even on Yamaha next season I won't be arsed as he's had a very very longtime at the top so I been a happy fan for years. It all has to stop some time. Don't make him shit does it. I believe he's got at least championship fights in him still but if not, so what. I don't come on here fucking ranting like a child.

Reply to this Topic
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

Just two points, firstly if Rossi didn't demand such high wages maybe Ducati would have a few spare million to spend on development.

Could it be that to get heat into the tyre you need to be pushing it harder and not cruising around like he claims?

I fear that Rossi will take Ducati's millions again as he has realized that JL will have no trouble beating him on equal machinery, so he will stay at Ducati bleeding them dry financially and blaming the bike for his poor performances.

Why the hell Ducati continue to offer Rossi the millions to cruise on the bike is beyond me.

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

motivation

I suspect the motivation's gone both because he doesn't have the bike beneath him, but also I think he expected to be able to do a Yamaha and turn it all around and for whatever reason that's just not happened. Shame really as the sport not only needs him up the the front, but could also do with more than just Honda and Yamaha up there too. Things can't be helped too when he does seem to spend quite a of time with non factory ducatis in front or dicing with him. That's got to make him think about his reputation.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

I don't come on here fucking ranting like a child.

The rest of your post says otherwise. Cheers for another great example of hypocrisy. Nice to see my post got you so riled up. The truth hurts, i guess.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

I'm not riled bro, and read my other posts as I'm no rant merchant. Explain how I'm a hypocritical then. Your headline suggests to me your riled :) its only bike racing, calm down

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

How does the truth hurt when I don't care if Rossi's never wins another race again you bellend. I've had my happy years supporting him.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle