Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Motivation waning, admits Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Motivation waning, admits Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Motivation waning, admits Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi has admitted finding it increasingly hard to stay motivated to ride Ducati’s struggling factory Desmosedici machine after he suffered a dismal US Grand Prix at Laguna Seca. The Italian had qualified a massive 1.9s off pole position in 10th and then crashed heavily on the fast approach to the spectacular Corkscrew while running in a lonely eighth place just...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 July 2012 07:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Cheekymonkey

Couldn't put it any better myself so I'll leave it at that.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

sundays race looked like it was the final straw when he binned it at the corkscrew, the deal with yamaha is probrably done

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Carcleanerboy

Can't agree with you more. If you put your arse and your reputation on the line for the last year and a half and the factory aren't capable of coming up with a regular and conserted catalogue of updates (not widgets and garden-shed 'upgrades') then what's the point in slogging your guts out? Something happens as one gets older - you don't bounce so well and you realise you only have so long left in your career. I'd call him an idiot if he was riding out of his skin to prove a point. The only point he could have been satisfied in making is that Ducati developed a winning bike during his time there.

Ducati have shown they really don't have the capability of matching the Japanese right now. I think they really do listen to Rossi but they just DON'T know what to do with the input. Casey Stoner gave them war an peace at every race and what response did he get? Diddly squat!! Perhaps if Audi invest properly over the next couple of years something could happen. But not next year, that's a dead cert. Even Prezziosi said it would take time for Audi to make a difference.

Good luck Ducati. And perhaps Rossi will do you a favour as you'll be able to save lots of money in paying a star and perhaps invest it in a few updates to the bike.

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Cheekymonkey

Rossi himself has said this weekend that he's not interested in the money. He doesn't need to ride bikes for a living - his 46 brand and other endorsements would keep him a wealthy man for a long time. When he started with Ducati his ego wouldn't let him believe he couldn't help them fix the bike. He's been so long without a win that the perspective is different: Who gives a shit if his dream of winning on a Ducati didn't come true?

He wants to be on the sharp end and Yamaha is the only prospect. They always said he'd be welcome back. No 2 rider? Who gives a shit? As long as it's competitive the truth is it wouldn't matter if it was No 3 rider.

Reply to this Topic
spdmon

Aug 09

spdmon says:

Oooooops, I lost the front

“I lost the front as I touched the brake and for me it was a big surprise because I was going quite slow. "

He said that about million times in the last two seasons!

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Another

Ducati front end crash. What a suprise.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

I'd like

To see Rossi win on the Ducati, but no one could blame him for leaving the dodgy duke and going back to Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
torryboy

Mar 09

torryboy says:

really guys a new frame ,swinging arm and engine. bridgestone tyre change and a late weight rule change arent enough for you?go back to yamaha as second rider best rider of his generation  but the goat i dont think so.most tracks have 100 second laps and he,s 1 second or percent of pole and wont push it.does he need the money some dont think so but he got a awfully big tax bill of the italian authorities a couple of years ago.he be better starting his own team.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Tax bill already paid ;)

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Ocd

I'd like

To see Rossi win on the Ducati, but no one could blame him for leaving the dodgy duke and going back to Yamaha.

I can. Finish what you started Vale.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices