Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Swingarm failure floors Ben Spies MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Swingarm failure floors Ben Spies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Swingarm failure floors Ben Spies

Ben Spies was fortunate to escape serious injury after a swingarm failure saw him crash out of fourth place in front of his home crowd at the Laguna Seca track in California. Spies looked on course to equal his best result of the season when he lost control of his factory Yamaha YZR-M1 machine as he powered out of the Corkscrew...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 July 2012 07:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

SATURN392

No, YAMAHAGYTR said Be Spies won YAMAHA'S first WSBK title, which he did!

Still, that dosen't make him a a top notch MOTO GP rider.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

WTF Yamaha?

It's inexcusable for a top-notch World Championship winning team.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Inexcusable?

I don't know. Was the swiningarm visually damaged previously, any detectable stress cracks? We wouldn't have a bloody clue.

Spies unfortunate crash is kind of irrelevant. More disturbing is his pace. The top three gapped him easily, he in turn was pulling away from the Monster boys. This was a more accurate reflection of Spies true standing in this field I believe. He simply hasn't been able to step it up this year as many (myself included) hoped he would.

I've had a swingarm collapse on me before. A hinge in the middle feeling then crunch! Luckily I came out of the corner before the crunch bit and wasn't chucked down the road as Spies was.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

No superbike rider has ever made alien status in MotoGP but old and rejected MotoGP riders seem to be able to dominate WSBK - What message does this convey ?

Best superbike riders in MotoGP - Edwards and Bayliss but neither really made the grade - good solid mid top ten men but that's about it. Bayliss won the last race of the 990's (on a Ducati no less)  but  I don't think Edwards ever won a GP although he was frequently best of the rest.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Nothing but bad luck !

I really feel for Ben.No matter how hard he trys it all goes wrong.Such high expectations by so many people & its all clapsed like a pyramid of cards in the wind.What can you say !

I really do hope that Bens luck turns around next year because the guy is an amazing talent but its just not working out for him in Moto GP for some bizare reason.I really hope that he returns to WSB & is sucessfull there because the guy deserves sucess & not this sort of bad luck.His Moto GP career seems to be cursed.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I am amazed that the FIM has not launched an investigation into this matter if this happened to them so called "Aliens" would they be getting this much shit what BS is having would they hell.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Why stop at the FIM Elbowz

Demand a parlimentary enquiry, or given it happened in Uncle Sam's backyard perhaps a senatorial witch hunt?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

It was just a thought Nostro that sort of thing does need investigating I don't even think Yamaha gives a toss about it since Ben is quitting them at the end of the season but it does need looking into.

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

???

Maybe he should have gotten Jorges swingarm.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

The art of choosing.

That fella has had so much bad luck, I really feel for him.  Elbows is correct, it demands without question an investigation.  Nostro, when all said and done, you're a bitter prick about something that happened in your life; Accept it/face it and move on.  Or you will eventually pass away (as so many have before you) refusing your acceptance of bad choices.   They were all your own mate.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle