Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Swingarm failure floors Ben Spies MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Swingarm failure floors Ben Spies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Swingarm failure floors Ben Spies

Ben Spies was fortunate to escape serious injury after a swingarm failure saw him crash out of fourth place in front of his home crowd at the Laguna Seca track in California. Spies looked on course to equal his best result of the season when he lost control of his factory Yamaha YZR-M1 machine as he powered out of the Corkscrew...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 July 2012 07:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

hi jackninthebox ..... i too have had the pleasure of the vitriol from our young elbowz/GYTR/racer over many months, in a similar manner to CCB.  you'll notice a peculiar number of consecutive messages from CCB earlier this evening as elbowz has deleted his humourless profanity-littered replies - an elbowz trait that has also happened to me.  i admire support for any rider in MotoGP but elbowz was (i'll have to use the past tense now) on a one person crusade to persuade the world (via a prodigious number of relatively brief posts on here) that Ben Spies was a future MotoGP world champion and how he was going to 'whoop some ass' on the 1000cc M1, most notably Dovi and several others.  clearly, 2012 hasn't turned out as elbowz had forecast, and the increasingly bitter posts now list the likes of Lin Jarvis, the entire Yamaha Motor Company, Rossi, Spies' pit crew, 'bogey' circuits, and now Lorenzo as being central to the downfall of no. 11 in 2012, whilst Spies himself is completely blameless for anything that has gone wrong this season.

elbowz' latest proclamation is that he wants MotoGP to collapse as he's off to WSBK to support Spies (although i've not heard official confirmation that Spies will be on the BMW).  elbowz has made an oversight that BMW may enter GP racing in 2014 (personally i'll believe it when i see it), in which case i'll welcome him back like a prodigal son and look forward to more mud-slinging.  hopefully by then elbowz won't be quite so easy to wind-up into a Benny-eque lather, and will be able to illuminate us with more mature and reasoned debate.  i'm not, however, holding my breath.

this may trigger a reply from elbowz, but i'm now apparently on his 'ignore list', despite the fact he can't resist having a dig every now and again.  he also posted many weeks ago that i'm his 'biggest enemy' on MCN ....... elbowz, on that point, you should first take a look in the mirror.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

wosi

very roughly translated:

"I saw Mary Spies yelling at one of the mechanics, in public, in full voice. That wretched woman. I feel sorry for Ben."   - Ellen Briggs, wife of Alex.

things are worse on that side of the garage than i'd feared!

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Wosi

I can concur I read  your post about Spies Mom some time ago.  I did think it had some merit at the time (by all accounts a bit of a paddock dragon).  You should've wandered down the bookies.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

It's a shame Shawno..

I take no real pleasure in being a smug bastard this time..

I really thought Ben was going to be the first rider from WSB to disprove the theory that it's impossible to make a successful switch to GP.

The typically brash claims from Yank fans he would automatically become an alien left me cold but, I did expect better things from him.

Having his Mom as his manager was a big mistake. She reminds me of the pushy parents ringing the football fields, screaming at their kids to perform and threatening referees. He should of told her to stay at home and got his Dad involved.

Ben credits his Ma for getting his career started..is he man enough to realise she's been at the root of it going pear-shaped.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Exactly my thoughts too Wosi Ben be a man and drop your manager.

Reply to this Topic
CJeffrey

Aug 12

CJeffrey says:

Still surprised it happened

Still surprised it happened to be honest, you'd think the build quality of the Japanese bikes would counteract these types of things happening. I hope Spies dosen't loose any confidence over this event as hes still a top rider just needs some luck this year.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices