Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Casey Stoner equals Mike Hailwood’s victory tally MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Casey Stoner equals Mike Hailwood’s victory tally

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Casey Stoner equals Mike Hailwood’s victory tally

Casey Stoner equalled British legend Mike Hailwood’s tally of 37 MotoGP victories after he stormed to a second successive victory in the US Grand Prix at Laguna Seca yesterday. The Australian swept to his fourth win of the campaign after passing title rival Jorge Lorenzo’s factory Yamaha on the fast uphill approach to the first corner on lap 22. Stoner’s decision to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 July 2012 07:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Dovi / Cal

A lot of talk about Dovi & Cal with fur flying left,right & center.My opinion for what its worth (Not a lot) is this - Both riders are superb & extremely talented & both deserve a chance to partner Jorge on the factory Yamaha next year.

Cal - Cal is much more agressive than Dovi which in some ways is good & in others bad.He may be able to get a bit more out of the bike but he may bin it more often as well.

Dovi - Not as agressive as Cal but less likely to throw it down the road & more level headed than Cal.

As I see it the 2nd factory rider is really there as a back up to the main rider & to score as many points as possible.There for you need a very reliable,competent rider who will score maximum points,ie not throw it down the track.

For this reason I would have to choise Dovi over Cal because I think he is more level headed & consistant.Its a very close call between both riders & I would be happy to see either on the 2nd Yamaha factory bike next year.I think both are more deserving than Rossi but Rossi will bring Yamaha badly needed sponsorship deals so it looks like it will be Rossi who gets the ride instead.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

er Wosi

A couple of laps and he parks it in the truck, refusing to test it properley.

What would any of us know about testing s chassis properly. Wasn't quite a couple of laps was it. And he knows whether it was of any benefit to him or not. No improvement on the chatter which was the only point in introducing it.

Given the distance he was ahead of Pedrosa on his new chassis, it's hard to find fault with him continuing with the old chassis wouldn't you say?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Tyres and more..

Hello doohanfan..you're a decent chap so I found this for you.

Plenty to chew over here in this Stoner interview..for a change he is lucid,  informative and comes over really well..

WTF went wrong?

http://www.sportrider.com/news/146_1112_motogp_world_champion_casey_stoner_interview_from_the_sort_of_archives/index.html

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

C'mon Bulto..Casey didn't string more than 4 laps together all winter. He wasn't interested and parked the bike.

With regard to him sticking with the old chassis..I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens when he gets to a right-hand track, eh?

Didn't seem to do that bad in Spain, Portugal and Holland though did he?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

True

He hates testing and likes only racing. But, he knows whether the chassis gave him any benefit and he thought not.

I can't begin to understand what it must be like to have chatter on those bikes at their speeds but if both riders complain of the same thing it's hard to say it is just one rider looking for excuses. They said thay had made a few improvements at the last test so maybe they are finally getting on top of it - who knows.

As much as he doesn't like testing he hasn't yet done a James Hunt, who, whilst testiing, never reappeared after starting a lap. Fearing the worst they despatched people off to find him, expecting to find carnage. Instead they found the Mclaren pulled over on the far side of the track with Hunt snoring gently in the cockpit, enjoying some much needed shut-eye after another late night session.

They don't make them like that any more...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Maybe..maybe not.

Casey thought the CF Ducati was a huge leap forward and begged for it early..look what happened there!

As I said earlier, a cynical man might think Honda had an agenda to push and Dani was just being a good employee?

I'll agree with you over James Hunt though..God bless him, they broke the mould when he was born. 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

haha indeed..without peer in the naughty stakes, twinkle in his eye, impish grin playing over his lips.

What a guy.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

46ERS

THEY ONLY COMPLAIN ABOUT STONER BUT NEVER MENTION ABOUT THEIR GOAT (GOD OF ASS TALK) RIDER.

WHY???? CAUSE THEY SO ASHAME ABOUT IT. SO THEY TRY TO ALTER THE DISCUSSION TO STONER. BLAME HIM LIKE 2007 AND 2011.

face reality buddy. it's hurt really. but face it. your ass talk rider cann't do anything now. he only ordinary LUCKY 9 times ass champion.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

YAMAHA

go back to yamaha??? can he accept salary smaller than lorenzo??? LOL. and all the goodies and franchise sell would go to yamaha's pocket. not him anymore.

he will cry like shit if he move to yamaha. and lorenzo WOULD make sure of it. LOL. kick his butt again just like 2010.  AMAZING KICKED by lorenzo. even make rossi fell by himself cause so scare lorenzo lead the time.

lorenzo is one of a kind. cann't wait to see 2013 if rossi move to yamaha. LOL. BUT I DOUBT IT BUDDY. KEEP DREAMING.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The CF chassis was proven progress Wosi

and could well have taken the 2009 title if Stoner didn't have his 'little tummy ache' as you like to describe his hat chundering episode.

I mean if the CF was that bad, and the pipe frame so good, it's a wonder that your development god didn't insist on getting the thing rolled out for a bit of back to back testing to help establish benchmarks? But then Rossi has never been one much for testing has he? He prefers his septic donkeys (Edwards and Hayden) to do the leg work whilst he swans around in cars.

I had to read your James Hunt passage twice Bulto. The first time I read a 't' in your snoring.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices