Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Casey Stoner equals Mike Hailwood’s victory tally MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Casey Stoner equals Mike Hailwood’s victory tally

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Casey Stoner equals Mike Hailwood’s victory tally

Casey Stoner equalled British legend Mike Hailwood’s tally of 37 MotoGP victories after he stormed to a second successive victory in the US Grand Prix at Laguna Seca yesterday. The Australian swept to his fourth win of the campaign after passing title rival Jorge Lorenzo’s factory Yamaha on the fast uphill approach to the first corner on lap 22. Stoner’s decision to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 July 2012 07:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

As I thought..

...those figures relate to the Yamaha and not the Honda. You'll have to do better Reverend, 100 Hail Mary's for you I'm afraid!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Tomatoe Tomato

It would appear Bishop Benny that Brembo or GPOne have confusingly called Laguna's turn two their turn one.

About the only thing these figures show,  other than the litre machines having a little more top end poke,  is the latest generation Brembo's are able to impart more force. Shorter braking distances from a higher speed and 37% less time on the anchors, yet no additional g-force? It doesn't really add up. Baffle them with bullshit eh?

Bottom line is the Repsol boys thnk they could go quicker on last years rubber. I haven't heard Lorenzo's take on this other than him saying the 2012 rubber goes off much quicker than the 2011 stuff. Who are we to doubt their assertions?

As always Wosi no skin off my nose. I think I give as good as I take. Although as a devout VR'er you do an awful lot of taking, so I'm happy!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So why are the lap times so similar

or worse than the 800's even our leader of sheep? Higher entry and higher exit speeds are more likely to be products of more engine, not better tyres. The time must be lost (to bring times back to 800 levels) by less mid corner speed. Given the actual chassis' of these machines are very similar to their 800 brethren then the lost time must come down to tyres that aren't as good as their predecessors.

They're coping pretty well the Repsol boys given their problems. But this of course is what top flight riders do - find a way to compete and minimise the weaknesses of their machine.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Same old, same old..

Stoner was one of the most vociferous in condemning the old tyres. The riders got what they wanted.

Everybody else has dealt with the measley 4kg weight increase without whining, added to benefit CRTs. The Japs lied to cover up the vote.

Earlier in the year he had a right pop at his crew for assuming he could ride round chatter issues. HRC have worked their socks off to bring him a new chassis. A couple of laps and he parks it in the truck, refusing to test it properley.

Stoner has won 4/10, Pedrosa has been off the rostrum with a 4th once. Without Lorenzo, Repsol would be 1st & 2nd..by a long way. There's not a lot wrong with their bike or the tyres they have been using.

His dud tyre claim at Silverstone was exposed by the lap times as shite. Repsol have not suffered any chunking..unlike Ducati and Yamaha. When he's not sticking it in the gravel, he's generally fastest.

The guy is a natural when it comes to making dumb excuses and just loves a good old moan. Aussies are well known for it.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Stoner's shown before..

..that unlike most other riders on the grid, he has an innate ability to ride around issues and still win races. Wosi, both you and our friend Benny seem to be forgetting the Yamaha and the Honda are fundamentally different machines with different characteristics. The fact the new tyres work for one factory don't necessarily mean they'll work well for another. Just ask Rossi about how well his front tyre was working at Laguna and it might shed some light on the subject for you both!!....

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Amen

to that Rev!

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Hats off to Casey

What can you say about Casey,well,a lot of things really but his riding speaks for itself & it speaks volumes.Yes Im a Lorenzo fan,yes I wanted Jorge to win but theres no denying Casey is incredible when he gets it together.

The guy is an amazing talent & the only real threat to Jorge as far as Im concerned.He is amazing to watch & has left his mark on Moto GP history as one of the best Moto GP riders ever.I support Jorge Lorenzo but I have nothing but respect for his dedliest rival,Casey Stoner & I will be very sorry to see him retire at the end of this year.

All said I still want to see Jorge take the championship this year & prove he is the better rider if only by a nats wisker.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Dovi

Haven't ever heard stoner complain about dovi. Given he apparently has such a propensity to complain, one can only assume he considers him to be fairly negligible.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

God bless you..

for that link Rev..like you, I am almightily impressed with Dovi this year and even though my patriotic tendancy is to support Cal, there is liitle doubt who actually does deserve the #2 factory Yamaha seat.

Such a personable young fella, with solid values too.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

tyres

When was stoner vociferous in complaining about the old tyres? He did complain about riders pushing too hard on them when they were cold, but not to my knowledge about the tyres themselves.

What exactly is hrc's secret tyre agenda? Again the only thing I have heard from nakomoto is that he didn't see why bridgestone couldn't produce both versions of the new tyre having developed them. Perhaps you know the answer to this.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices