Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Casey Stoner equals Mike Hailwood’s victory tally MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Casey Stoner equals Mike Hailwood’s victory tally

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Casey Stoner equals Mike Hailwood’s victory tally

Casey Stoner equalled British legend Mike Hailwood’s tally of 37 MotoGP victories after he stormed to a second successive victory in the US Grand Prix at Laguna Seca yesterday. The Australian swept to his fourth win of the campaign after passing title rival Jorge Lorenzo’s factory Yamaha on the fast uphill approach to the first corner on lap 22. Stoner’s decision to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 July 2012 07:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Supermario

What I saw was Stoner, with a new engine, dominate the race. Lorenzo had no answer. Plenty of time yet.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I think we'll find, Nostro..

That you have got someone's bag of bollocks in your mouth and are giving them a good tea-bagging..

Are you really saying that Eurosport commentators invented the chatter on right-handers theory and Stoner has picked their ball up and run with it?

..and the defining characteristic of this highly dubious excuse to explain away chatter appearing and disappearing, like Keyser Soze in The Usual Suspects, is because final drive from the gearbox output shaft is delivered to the back wheel via a left sided running chain, throwing everything out of balance and creating debilitating reasonances?

You're earlier comment title of..Fuck some of you really are extraordinarily thick, appears prophetic and has you living up to your name old boy.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

A thorough character assassination

but I see you've not added to your knowledge of all things engineering since your flexi 50mm headstock days Wosi. Another positive contribution from the self tea bagging mutt.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Hey nostro

I wonder how you're gonna cope in 8 races time?

Are you gonna have a little cry maybe?

I suspect what we'll see at that point is the continued bitter rants which will finally expose you (as if we couldn't already see it) as less of a stoner lover and more of a Rossi hater.

Or maybe you'll just disappear up your own arsehole, never to be heard from again, who knows! Exciting isn't it!?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Nice post Rev

as ever!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Nice work of fiction perhaps.

350m braking distances into turn one at Laguna Seca?! So that should mean they're squeezing the picks about half way around turn eleven to get it slowed down enough for turn one.

The Reverend has his own agenda, and it's not always based on reality!

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

revbennyhedgehog/chatter

I note your postings on chatter ,so pleasant to see a posting without the "D" word,However have you considered this; faster corner entry speeds and exit speeds and shorter braking distances ,to be expected as the bikes are 1000cc now and you would imagine the Brakes developed even further ,your man being keen to get new brakes remember ,Now all these things taken into account surely this is putting more stress on tyres suspension etc Which could easily induce chatter ? It makes sense to me and with the super slow mo shots we enjoy today it can be seen, and the data loggers will pick it up so I see no team going along with a riders whim no matter who they are ,to conspiracy theory for me

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Hey Benny..

..those figures you've posted - are they a direct correlation between Stoner from this year and his figures from last year, or as I suspect, numbers totally irrelevant to the Honda?...a link to the font of your knowledge would be most welcome..

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi

Stoner had said that they suffer much more with chatter on right handers than left. No theory offered as to why, that's just his experience of riding the bike. Because of that he was optimistic of his chances at the predominantly left handed track, but added it depended upon what sort of a job they did setting the bike up.

He never mentioned anything about cush drives - that was the commentary team mentioning one of Honda's theories on the problem of chatter and it was Spalding who gave the opnion that the left/right phenomonen was to do with the side the chain drive was on - funny how he never thought of that before Honda mentioned cush drive materials.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Thanks for the explanation Bulto..I obviously missed the session this all took place in.

Apologies to you Nostro, it wasn't meant as character assasination..just a friendly bit of banter, turning your post around given the above.

I still find myself baffled by the incosistencies in explanation from Repsol, with regard to chatter.

Being the cynical bastard I am, I feel inclined to think they're making a mountain out of a molehill..I mean, the bike has won more often than not and they are pissing the team standings. Hardly Marlboro Ducati are they?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices