Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Casey Stoner equals Mike Hailwood’s victory tally MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Casey Stoner equals Mike Hailwood’s victory tally

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Casey Stoner equals Mike Hailwood’s victory tally

Casey Stoner equalled British legend Mike Hailwood’s tally of 37 MotoGP victories after he stormed to a second successive victory in the US Grand Prix at Laguna Seca yesterday. The Australian swept to his fourth win of the campaign after passing title rival Jorge Lorenzo’s factory Yamaha on the fast uphill approach to the first corner on lap 22. Stoner’s decision to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 July 2012 07:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Okay, fair enough..

..then why all this venom directed at Stoner if in actual fact it was the development of the Honda/Yamaha that caused Rossi the problems when he joined Ducati? If he rode the bike as fast as the M1 the year before, how on earth does that equate to Stoner leaving him in the shit! If Rossi rode the bike faster than Stoner most of the time, can't that be put down to Ducati development as well? The fact is, they have a problem with chronic understeer and a front end he has no confidence in - you would think that with all the resources at their disposal and the so called development genius of Rossi/Burgess, they would have sorted this problem by now and he should be winning races. The bottom line is, they haven't and he's not!..

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

RevBenny.

I hope you're right, really I am. Despite my support of Stoner, I'm a fan of Rossi's too! Gotta face facts though..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Give up with the Rossi was faster line Wosi

It's solipsistic bollocks.

And of course I'm talking from a superior machinery perspective.

The 2009 CF Ducati was formidable. What may have been if Stoner wasn't affected by his strength sapping lactose intolerance for 3 or 4 races, and was able to compete in the following 3 he took off to be diagnosed and recover. He had a very strong year outside of this unfortunate mid season period.

As you well know the 'one for all' 'stones moved further out of Ducati's orbit 2010. All the efforts of Uncle Carmelo to bring them back Ducati's way have to date failed. But we all know the real reason for that don't we? The rider.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Ha ha ha ha ha..

I had a where's Wally moment looking for Cal, but when I spotted him I actually chuckled out loud...ha ha ha ha ha...good stuff!..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

strength sapping lactose intolerance..

haha..poor Casey.

Didn't stop him driving 4000kms to go Barramundi fishing while Kallio was subbing for him did it?

Fk all to do with a weak mind, poor decision making and tantrums?

I notice he's at it again in the MCN paper today, big upping himself over the soft rear tyre management while in the same breath admitting his initial plan had been to do the regular disappearing act and smoke his tyres early..nothing to do with a plan, just circumstances forcing a steadier approach which played into his grasping, thankful hands.

I like this bit from the Australian..If you are a sheep and follow everybody then you can only do what they do.. Baaa-Hahaha.

and this too..still trying to get mileage out of the tyre issue when his hoop looked mint in Parc Ferme..My tyres were destroyed at the end and they were worse than Dani and Jorge. They were chunking so bad I had rubber coming past me under braking in turn 2..

Check his rear on the middle bike.

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/galleria/motogp-2012-laguna-seca-box-e-paddock-01/4#/photo/80

MotoGP 2012 - Laguna Seca - Box e Paddock

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

I've looked long and hard

and there is definitely no mention of Valentino Rossi in this article.  Just Casey Stoner and some bloke called "Mike the Bike", who I never saw racing though I've slung my leg over his Ducati.  Come to think of it ... maybe it wasn't his.

Anyway - if ever you needed an example of why records mean very little, then this comparison is it.  Whilst they are tied for the top-rung honours, Mike Hailwood has the wood over Casey in the legend stakes.  But in the undignified frenzy to drag the corpse from the cart ("I'm not quite dead yet!"), that anomoly has been overlooked.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Jeez..

only christ knows what's happened there..unable to delete?

Sorry.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Nostro, Casey got his strength sapping illness on the back of a strength sapping ass kicking you make it sound like he was leading the championship when he called in sick..you cluts.. You do the lad no favours, but your right he was on fire, he was the best he's ever been I reckon in 2008/2009 just came up against someone better on lesser equipment.. which is why it still hurts him today....He could ride that duke no question fuck me he could, though he couldn't do a 2007 in 2012, nor even a 2010 in 2012 but we know what you mean..

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi, stop being a knob..

..sweet mother of God you don't half go on!.. Seriously, give us a break!.. You don't like Casey, you think he's a moaner and we're all better off without him, yeah, we get it. For every argument against the lad, there's generally a more convincing one for..the lactose issue being a case in point ( but that's for another day )...stop being a big girls blouse and quit taking cheap shots, it doesn't become you..

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

By the way casey congrats on matching hailwood.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices