Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi has given his views on a potential return to Yamaha’s factory squad in 2013, with speculation rampant in Laguna Seca that he will reject a new two-year offer to remain with Ducati. Rossi has been negotiating with Yamaha and a return to partner bitter rival Jorge Lorenzo could even be confirmed prior to the next round in Indianapolis. Rossi left...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 July 2012 07:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ChrisSYD

Nov 08

ChrisSYD says:

fuck this guy sounds like a wanker, who cares who they put as your team mate, he was scared of georgie boy and rightly so, he got his arse handed to him, and what did he do for yamaha, it is what yamaha did for him as we can all clearly see now, its the bike and not the rider, it was never him, it was the bike

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

You're dead fkn right Flo!

The situation certainly has changed and George has only gotten stronger! After making your own decision to leave, you are fkng up more deserving careers to have your ego stroked once again.

The trail of destruction this fkn idiot has left behind him won't end here.

Reply to this Topic
k1200ser

Feb 10

k1200ser says:

Come on guys, what do you really know? Vale made a difficult decision to go to Ducati and it hasnt worked out. He got the yamaha running well, with yamaha, and the bike Jorge got to use was great because of the whole team. Jorge is a great rider, Val is now getting on, but still worthy of a factory yamaha ahead of the others, except for possibly Cal, but then we would be biased. Dont knock the guy!

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Jorge couldn't get anywhere near was Rossi did to casey in 2008 and casey was faster then. Sure he gambled on the soft tyre and it paid off but still Rossi is the most special talent out there even if he is a little long in the tooth. Honda to offer full factory support to Rossi . Next years squad has zero chance of the title. Come on shuhei pull your finger out. Ducati aren't capable or are too worried they'll be found out if the really try , Rossi is well within his rights to leave..

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I think its good as done Rossi going back to Yamaha any reason why Spies was so pissed off when he dropped his bombshell last week when he announced he was leaving the Japanese factory. But anyway its a poisoned choice to ride for that company especially when you've got Lorenzo as your team-mate.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Says it all ..

MCN: How would you feel about stepping back to Yamaha and being with Jorge again?
Rossi: “My feeling has changed a lot because the situation has changed. I had some problems in the past with Jorge, especially because I was angry with Yamaha. After all I did for Yamaha they put in the team a very strong team-mate so I was p****d off with Yamaha more than him.

MCN: If you go to Yamaha, for the first time in your career you will be the number two, and second to Lorenzo. What do you think of this?
Rossi: “This is another important thing to make the choice because in Ducati I can be the number one and in Yamaha have Lorenzo. It is another thing to consider.”

Big egos. Terrible thing.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha4686

Jul 12

Yamaha4686 says:

The people slating Vale, you have issues.  9 Time world champ, bike matters but how much?!  The Ducati hasn't worked for lots of good riders.  If the bike matters so much why has Pedrosa not blitzed it, why has Spies not?!  You have major jealously problems, anyone who hates Vale has problems full stop really.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

AFTER ALL I DID FOR YAMAHA

went to them with the designs for that inline4, crossplane, reverse rotating crank design that Honda rejected along with the develpoment genius to make it the best bike on the grid and a contract that stated that only he could have one.

What did he have to offer Ducati ?.........................an eighty second tweek on the front end that didn't work, an aluminium swingarm that didn't work, an aluminium beam frame that didn't work, a tyre testing regime at Bridgestone that didn't work, a new ECU that didn't work, a new engine that didn't work along with the regulation Rossi contract that states that only he can have them.............................providing they work that is, and for only a measly 14 million euros a year.

Anyone else feel that Ducati have been short changed ?

I think the wrong rider is retiring at the end of this season.

Reply to this Topic
exsup

Jun 06

exsup says:

Rossi

The gamble was to make Ducati and Rossi combination a Italian dream before he retired but it never paid off. Dont knock him he can still ride a bike and can still win races. Its a pity that Stoner will go at the end of this Year because he is the best rider out there at the moment and it would have been great to see him and Rossi race on a equal footing.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

And yet again Laguna 08 gets used again. Lets look at Laguna 12 and stop living in the past.

MotoGP has become a reality drama show now the silly season has now become the drama season .

I would rather Rossi stay and finish the Ducati project for the sake of the sport ,to have more competitive bikes in the field. If Ducati don't listen to Rossi who will they listen too?. Yamaha need to look to the future, Rossi has a short time left in MotoGP and if in 2 years HRC are sucessfull in poaching Jorge  who will they have? The way Yamaha have treated there riders lately no one will be loyal to them anymore. There is too much crap going on off the track in motoGP nowadays and I do miss the 500 days if the Rossi crew fail to make the Ducati competitive the CRT bikes will be the future of protoype bike racing and the bike you can buy from your local dealer and some trick parts you can then do some R&D for the F1 of bikes

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices