Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi has given his views on a potential return to Yamaha’s factory squad in 2013, with speculation rampant in Laguna Seca that he will reject a new two-year offer to remain with Ducati. Rossi has been negotiating with Yamaha and a return to partner bitter rival Jorge Lorenzo could even be confirmed prior to the next round in Indianapolis. Rossi left...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 July 2012 07:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Cadwell75

Jul 10

Cadwell75 says:

"i also have a third option.."

Any rumours about what that might be?

San Carlo,   or something else maybe?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Third option

Is a factory spec satellite Honda which he won't take because he wants a factory bike, preferably no.1 status and the tools to go for the title.

Satellite Honda offers no.1 status but that's it. No way will Honda give him a bike on which to beat their factory team (and that's assuming he was capable of doing it)

If he had a satellite bike, he'd always have it in the back of his head that it wasn't full factory - and he'd be right.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Someone’s gonna have to explain to me what Audi are going to bring to Ducati please? Money yes I know, and skilled engineers no doubt – BUT what experience do they have at all of bikes? Am I missing something?  And who’s to say they will get anywhere with the notoriously closed shop that is the Ducati engineering team.
It would be a massive gamble to stay at Ducati and absolutely no guarantee of any progress or success. As a fan of the sport I’d dearly love the Dukes competitive at the front of the grid. Better competition and more excitement could well help to get Suzuki back and Kawasaki more prominent. But in the real world, not sure it will happen any time soon.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Hey RawDawg

My headline and comments mislead a bit - the interesting theory related to the 'conspiracy aspect' that Ducati would pay to keep him to stop their bike looking bad if he began winning on the Yam

I agree the Ducati isn't on a par with the Jap two but I just wonder if it is as bad as painted. I've nothing against Hayden, he's a decent bloke, but I wouldn't place him right at the top of the tree in terms of speed, consistency and ability - and that's not meant that he's crap, far from it. But if he could run that pace at Laguna, maybe someone else can get more?

Just a thought as like I said, if you took Spies results, the Yamaha wouldn't look so good either. Tyre chunking, tyre wear, low placings, crashes - could all be blamed on the bike if Lorenzo wasn't doing what he is.

Can the same be thought of the situation at Ducati? Could another rider help turn it around quicker?

Rossi has helped move them nowhere in nearly two years and still they want to pay him millions - doesn't figure.

Reply to this Topic
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

Just cannot see Rossi being number two at Yamaha alongside Jorge, just can't see him beating Jorge on a regular basis on the same bike now either. But on the other hand could be the only chance to save a tarnished career. The only chance he has to add to his world titles now is to switch to WSBK and clean up there for a couple of years. I reckon he'd love it, and WSBK would certainly suit his love of a good scrap. I remember Biaggi saying he wished he'd gone to WSBK years earlier after just his first race!

As far as what can Audi bring to Ducati and MotoGP? Quattro 4 wheel drive system and a diesel engine.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

SStylo...

"...Ducati sales are probably marginally up..."

but then "...Ducati are rubbish and not willing to leave their heritage..."

Why?... you're think they're crap along with all the other Rossi fans here. From the sounds of it most Rossi fans do not like Ducati because of what they say they have done to Rossi's carreer. Guess it must be Stoner fans who are looking for a challenge buying them.

MrNumber - "he will definitely go to Yamaha, he loves that bike and I dont see any reason why he cant go on and claim 2 more gp titles to be crowned the king of moto gp"

Loves it so much... & won 2 times on it in 2010. He's bound to get those titles!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Development

The consensus of opinion on here is that Rossi didn't develop the bike at Honda or Yamaha, it was their own team that did it. So seeing that he rode both of them to a WC, it would make sense to asume that the Ducati development team are shit.

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

No doubt he's getting older and perhaps two years in the wilderness has blunted his edge, but his race craft is still there: Mugello anyone? Le Mans anyone? For those that can't remember more than 24 months ago, it was always his race craft (on a competitive bike) that overcame his rivals.

Yes, Lorenzo is without doubt the undisputed King with Stoner out and is probably only going to be matched by Marquez in the long run after Rossi does retire.

But come on, even a #2 in the Yamaha factory squad is better than ANYTHING Ducati can dream about. He and his crew have spent one and a half seasons hoping for better and not even Ducati's best efforts, under extreme pressure from Rossi, have given the factory team able to get on a podium in dry conditions. If Rossi is so rubbish, how is it no other Ducati rider has put the bike on the podium?

Oh, and my last point is this: The M1 is known quantity - I think he will gel with it quickly and he'll be up to speed quickly. I'm not saying he's going to go out and slay Lorenzo, but he won't be duffing around like Spies has done on the factory M1.

Fair enough that there are people out there that don't like him. If he doesn't go with Yamaha for the sake of his career I'll book a flight to Italy and bitch-slap him and Uccio for good measure!!

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Bultoboy

Thing with MotoGP bikes is that they are on the utter knife-edge of the technology. Probably the Ducati is a good bike in itself but it's that last 5% that it's missing and that's what makes the difference. Stoner has proved that he had an extra 5% in his pocket to 'beast' the bike into submission. Nobody racing for Ducati - or even in the current field - has the same skill. Only person I think could have done likewise is perhaps Bayliss in his day.

Honda's Repsol RCV and Yamaha's factory M1 both are at 100% capability - their satellite bikes by dint of relatively restricted power are at 97% and Ducati is at 95% even with all it's power.

And even then you need the perfect combination of bike capability paired with rider capability. As I say it's a very fine line.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Nostro

Let me get this right...

You admitted in a earlyer post , that , Rossi isnt the person to blame for the lack of forward development on the Duck , he is only partially to blame.

Am i right , or have read into this wrong?.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices