Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi has given his views on a potential return to Yamaha’s factory squad in 2013, with speculation rampant in Laguna Seca that he will reject a new two-year offer to remain with Ducati. Rossi has been negotiating with Yamaha and a return to partner bitter rival Jorge Lorenzo could even be confirmed prior to the next round in Indianapolis. Rossi left...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 July 2012 07:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spindizzy

Aug 02

spindizzy says:

vtwin

Well I am just paraphrasing a certain J Burgess but then, what would he know? He was happy that Rossi was using all the new toys that Doohan had thought were a waste of time... Then of course Rossi believed he should also be able to determine what level of tech his team mates used and a 'legend' was born ;)

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

LOL Motoking enjoyed reading that.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Yeah pretty much what I thought nostro

You're all very brave and rude to other forum users until someone calls you on it. Now all you can do is bullshit and back pedal. Pathetic!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Suzuki

are Suzuki definitely returning to MotoGP in 2013 ?  If so and you were Suzuki who would you want in your team ? If Rossi goes to Yam and Crutchlow goes to Ducati (all speculation) Would Dovi stay at Tech3 or could he contemplate a ride with Suzuki as No.1 rider to stay in MotoGP.  Thoughts for discussion please.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Just where is this alleged backpedalling SM?

You haven't told me how your alter ego is. Is he still asleep in one of the many dark recesses of your mind? Go on let him out again. He was so funny last time.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

suzuki

all i know is they only have a test model, no race bike is finished, and the intention was to race in 2014 not 2013, being honest i dont think without major restrictions they would be competitive anyway,not like they was ever on a regular podium,cant always blame the bike tho rider is a big factor. dovi on a suzuki does sound correct.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

suzuki

I'm assuming that when and if Suzuki return with a new bike it would be at least close to being competitive otherwise no point in coming back to carry on where they left off. 

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

GOAT & Suzuki

Little chance of seeing Rossi on a Suzuki or any other uncompetitive machine next year. It's either a Yam or Honda.Ducati have had their day in the sun, and now it's over. The Japs were humiliated in 2007, and never want to go there again, hence the millions spent by them to keep Duke off of the top step. However, the GOAT could be persuaded to stay - for the requisite number of millions (say, 15 mill). This is where Rossi is - should he take the Duke dough (almost certainly available, despite what he says), go for a Yam (tough team-mate) or throw a leg over a semi-works Honda (no embarrassing understudy)? Incidentally someone has said Rossi is not the GOAT. This may be true in terms of results re Ago, who, by the way, did have fierce competition in the form of none other than Mike Hailwood. Off the top of my head, he trounced Hailwood in 500 GPs in '66 and '67. However, in terms of public support and earning capacity Rossi is streets ahead of Ago, who was paid £50k per annum in the 70s (c. £1/2 mill today). Ago must be green with envy!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

QED nostro

(just for you smackbum xxx)

you always back pedal and come out with that shite about an alter ego when you're taking a kicking and have nothing to respond with.

But I tell you what, I'll give you the chance to back up your claims the same as I did with that ridiculous load of bollocks regarding MM. You show me this "alter ego" post that you only ever like to drag up when you're on the ropes and I'll concede the point.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Rossi

Rossi's reputation is mega-important to him. If he has actually lost the edge and he returns to Yamaha and languishes like Spies then he is fiinished as a racer and his reputation is shot. If he stays with Ducati to finish the job and it doesnt work he can still blame the bike and keep his reputation intact.

If he hasnt lost it and returns to yamaha as a winner then the championship will be a two horse race between him and Lorenzo as both of them can beat Pedrosa and Marquez regularly. Whatever happens 2013 will be just as boring as 2012 with only 2 possibly 3 contenders - Lorenzo - Rossi - Pedrosa, who would you put your money on.

If Ducati can turn it round with the help of Audi it wont happen till after 2013 as said before if Burgess cant turn it round for the Duke who can ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices