Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi has given his views on a potential return to Yamaha’s factory squad in 2013, with speculation rampant in Laguna Seca that he will reject a new two-year offer to remain with Ducati. Rossi has been negotiating with Yamaha and a return to partner bitter rival Jorge Lorenzo could even be confirmed prior to the next round in Indianapolis. Rossi left...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 July 2012 07:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

I concede your point - I understand perfectly why Redding used Rossi's trace as he wanted to show his best to Ducati without binning the bike. He did pretty well getting such a decent time. Good luck to him in team 2. If the yellow peril does go to Yam I think Cal is most likely getting the ride although I dont think he's another Stoner.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

revbenny

last comment before I nod off.  Winding a few people up gets excellent results - adds a bit of spice  - pity you can't see my  tongue in my cheek.

see you in church ( or may be not). Rossi saga to be continued........

Reply to this Topic
mickdel

May 03

mickdel says:

bultoboy

Very funny post!  That's some imagine you've got going there lol!

Reply to this Topic
mickdel

May 03

mickdel says:

turgid goading

that sound's like chronic constipation induced straining at stool.  Perhaps Gurgid Toading would be more appropriate.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Race pace...

..If you start at the same time and finish at roughly the same time, whats the difference between starting like a hare and drifting back at the end, like Hayden, or starting slow and maintaining or marginally increasing that pace over the race distance, like Rossi? 

At least Hayden can have a few laps dicing with the quicker boys, gaining Ducati and the sponsors some airtime before the inevitable drop off. Whilst Rossi (off camera) slowly picks off the usual mid pack marvels, to eventually finish somewhere around Hayden...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Race pace

Better to be moving forward than to be moving backwards, doubt very much that Nicky is concerned about getting air time for Ducati his focus would be getting to the front. However Rossi's dilemma presents a conundrum - has he lost hiis edge or after nearly 2 seasons of development is the Duke not up to the job. Fact is that racer's of Rossi's calibre rarely lose their ability - fact is also that the Duke is frequently the fastest bike through the speed traps - so where does the problem lie ? None  of the other Ducati riders apart from Stoner have been able to tame the beast and I don't think Stoner tamed it he just had the balls and the ability to ride round the problems.

I really hope Rossi stays with the Ducati and they get it sorted for him so the Italians get what they want, Rossi gets what he wants and MotoGP gets what it needs.  That's six works bike capable of winning instead  of three

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

The supposition being..

..that Scott decided upon Rossi's data himself. It's more likely to think that Ducati suggested using the trace, as it's Rossi that's been at the centre of development for the factory and Redding was under no external pressure to put in fast lap times. The primary goal would have been to give him time to acclimatise to the bike and class and use Rossi's lines to try and understand the GP12 better. The fact that he managed such a good time is testament to Redding's ability and underlines the fact he needs to move up to the bigger class to have a chance at being competitive..

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Haha...

Bulto boys post was humouros indeed (although the Sid from Tetley tea reference left me a bit perturbed)  If Wosi had been interviewing Redding, I thnk he'd have smacked the Clipboard over his head when he responded to this question:

Were you using any of Nicky´s data?
No because Rossi was the slower of the two here so for me it was better to go with his data. Also it´s his home track and he has good lines here.

Redding is absolutely ace!!  Sub 1.50 is impressive for the first ride.  He must have been f***ed after 127 laps.  Just think on a good track day you'll do a max of 45-50 without the same level of concentration and effort that Redding would have been putting in.  More importantly looks like he can give them what they need most - fresh feedback, corner by corner as obviously Nicky and Valentino just turn up ride it and fu*k off whilst the trophies are being handed out.

(Glad to see he got that ridiculous mop chopped though.  For a while I thought he was trying to do a Simo on us.  Wasnt' working for him)

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Saturn392...

"Better to be moving forward than to be moving backwards"..If the end result is the same, whats the difference? 

As for TV airtime, Hayden is a Ducati employee, he does what he is bloody told, even if it does sacrifice his race strategy for a few laps at the cutting edge. After all, one of the fuckers has to be there!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

although the Sid from Tetley tea reference left me a bit perturbed

He was the TV advertising face of Tetley's teabags  -  Wosi finds his image comforting when teabagging fellow 46ers. Sid was a wholesome honest man and if he is a part of it, then it eases Wosi's guilt  -  not for teabagging itself - just for teabagging yellow gonads as he knows it's just plain wrong.

CH  -  As regards the reason for using Rossi's trace, maybe more likely because if he had got down to running in the 49 bracket, if you look at the trace of someone in the mid 48 bracket, it's more feasible to have a chance of chipping away towards that time rather than someone who is 2 seconds a lap faster. I'd agree there is no pressure to break lap records or whateverver, but there is still a certain amount of expectation and pressure to turn a decent lap time and show what you can do - if you don't someone else will and you're overlooked before you've begun

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle