Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi has given his views on a potential return to Yamaha’s factory squad in 2013, with speculation rampant in Laguna Seca that he will reject a new two-year offer to remain with Ducati. Rossi has been negotiating with Yamaha and a return to partner bitter rival Jorge Lorenzo could even be confirmed prior to the next round in Indianapolis. Rossi left...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 July 2012 07:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Show me the money...

Lorenzo - Rossi - Pedrosa, who would you put your money on.

Definitely Lorenzo.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Dozy fcks.

Yes acanada..this is something we know and accept in the name of good spirited banter..

However..I think we've touched on something here that needs explanation?

The orange say Hayden was faster than Rossi at Mugello, even citing Redding who has yet to win a Moto2 race ffs let alone ride a MotoGP bike in anger, yet Rossi beats Hayden on raceday, without Nick going off track or making a major cock up, etc?

I'd like to know how they think this is possible, given that Hayden qualified 4th in 1'47.6, in front of Stoner, and Rossi was 10th in 1'48.5.

PS. Here's a clue..Barbera qualified 3rd in 1'47.5. 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Yes but..

The point is Rev..how is it they finished behind him in the race?

I mean..that's a sizeable gap is it not?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Rossi on the Ducati at Mugello slow in 2011 and the same in 2012 more embrassing to get out qualified by a satellite Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Race pace

Some riders like Hayden can put short qualifying laps together and get good times while Rossi has a more consisitent race pace than Hayden hence finishing in front of him.  Riders  like Lorenzo and Stoner can not only put in fast qalifying laps but also convert them into race pace consistency. I like Nicky he qualifies well but he nearly always goes backwards in the race.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Exactly saturn..Race pace, and I might add Race craft.

This is the very reason you have serial Rossi haters Nostro, Bulto and a fair few scatter brained others..making silly points like the one we are discussing below.

They know that Rossi is a warrior, a scrapper and absolutely cannot be written off when it comes to a last lap one on one punch-up. Ask Lorenzo..he has yet to beat him in such a scenario, despite pleading to be given the chance at Motegi 2010 against an injured an weakened Rossi.

It is the reason they are shaking like shitting poodles in their fluffy orange ugg boots at the thought of Valentino Rossi, the toughest muthrfkin rider of all time, slinging his leg over a bike that does his bidding and showing the hugging, self congratulatory pussies what being a true motorcycle ace is all about, once more.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Mmm..

Personally..I think it's silly certain riders consider themselves worthy of top notch factory rides in MotoGP then quit in their mid twenties or decide to step down in class to WSB, throwing all their toys out of the pram along the way, when it would be better for all, but mainly their soft-headed fans, if they acted like proper tough as old boots racers and stayed to prove a point.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The gig's up Wosi

I see you're back to your 'fuck the results it's all about how many people you pass and the entertainment' line.

Some rudimentary mathematics for you. As a rule of thumb it is easier to pass competitors starting from tenth on the grid than it is starting from first.

The other Swiss cheese element to your argument is Rossi's own race performances of late. Static in a word. No passing, limply accepting his position - before crashing out without pressure or attempting a pass as in Laguna. And you criticise Stoner for trying to win in Germany. Chalk and more cheese from Wosi.

Why is this?

Quite simply because it is Rossi's talent station. Pedrosa has elucidated that fact that the top three are riding so well there's little opportunity to pass, beyond errors. The racing bears this out. Although I suspect both Lorenzo and Stoner are too bloody minded to accept such a supposition, which is perhaps why they are that yard or two faster than Pedrosa over a full race.

Have you watched Rossi on that Ducati? He looks as much a scared frigid virgin as Hardlylean lining up against his kid sister on their round the house tricycle race.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

WTF

I come in from prepping my bike to find this - all sorts of disproportionate - no - irrelevant shite about what Redding said, who was faster in the race at Mugello and more bollocks about racecraft.

Redding made a simple statement - he used Rossi's lap times as Hayden's were quicker, ie: too quick and no use. He never mentioned the race. How do you know he wasn't talking about the post race test, where Hayden was nearly 1 second faster than Rossi - again - which is beyond argument, even from you Wosi and Avacado, when the frigging times are there for all to see....... If you want to dispute his logic, get him on twitter or twatter or whatever it is they use and tell him he's a clown.

As for the race, like it matters, it was pretty obvious why Rossi finished in front of Hayden. Hayden went wide in his scrap with Bradl and BOTH Rossi and Crutchlow - not just Rossi and fuck all to do with racecraft - went through whist Hayden was coming back from where Bradl shoved him. Rossi never had the pace of Hayden all weekend, he was a second behind when Hayden/Bradl were at it. Racecraft my arse. Same as LS where Hayden had him well beaten again and his racecraft eventually stuck him on his arse.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

nostro

Rossi's talent station ??  Have you not seen him racing to his titles over the past 15 years ??  his talent is unquestionable!!! . Wake up and smell the coffee  man - perhaps you need a brain transplant. By the way the GOAT label was invented by Colin Edwards who has been his team mate and won the Suzuka 8 Hour as Rossi's partner. I think he is pretty well qualified to make that claim.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices