Skip to content

Discuss This Police appealing for witnesses after fatal crash at Oliver's Mount TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Police appealing for witnesses after fatal crash at Oliver's Mount

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Police appealing for witnesses after fatal crash at Oliver's Mount

Police are appealing for spectators who witnessed the fatal crash during the final race of the Cock o' The North road race meeting at Oliver's Mount on July 22. Police are particularly keen to speak to anyone who may have video footage of the incident. Traffic Sergeant Pete Wood said: "Biking enthusiasts will have travelled from for and wide to watch the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 July 2012 10:50)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Seems strange wanting witnesses? Is it for the coroners report ? Sorry to hear about the death of Steve Hix RIP

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Am I paranoid?

I'd be afraid they want witnesses and footage so that they can find a way to ban motorcycle racing.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Why the traffic police? Surely this is a matter for the HSE?

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Crash

I wonder if the Police want video evidence to see if he actually had a medical problem prior to the crash as the report suggests he ran off the circuit into a field !

Just a thought, RIP to Steve and my thoughts are with his wife and children. 

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER2

Aug 02

FATFRYER2 says:

Olivers Mount

I think the police are involved because The mount is a puplic road when not in use as a race circuit that may be the reason but there again i may be wrong

RIP Steve and condolences to his Wife Family.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

@FATFRYER

The mount is not a public road. It is private, but open for public use. I believe the legal term is permissive. Just like many of the roads used for hillclimbs. AFAIR it is normal practice for any sudden death to be reported to the police. It is also normal practice that as soon as it is apparent that there was no foul play the police hand the matter over to the coroner along with any paperwork they have so far. If the police are still investigating they either (a) believe there was foul play, (b) are doing so at the request of the coroner or HSE or (c) are a bunch of self important interfering gits.

Reply to this Topic
SamRVF

Aug 09

SamRVF says:

What a terrible end to a great weekend,s racing. I was by the start line when it happened and thought there was two involved. R.I.P Steve my thouhgts are with his wife and family.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices