Skip to content

Ask an Expert Recommendations and Ones to Avoid... Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Recommendations and Ones to Avoid...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

rpm2902

Jul 12

rpm2902 says:

Recommendations and Ones to Avoid...

Hi all...

Passed my MOD2 last week and have decided to buy a new CBR600F.

Which insurance companies would you recommend and who should I stay well clear of?

Thanks in advance...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 July 2012 12:53)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

I've

used Aviva for years without a problem.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Ins

Avoid bennetts. They don't seem to like bikers and don't even seem to know anything about bike insurance.

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

Insurers...

I was with Footman James for years as tho not always the cheapest their level of cover and service was superb.. and couldnt fault the breakdown service they supplied.....

sadly they were too expensive this year and am now with carole nash.. who have been good so far in regards to customer service... and i got a free DNA marking kit in with the policy..

Reply to this Topic
MakemRider

Jul 11

MakemRider says:

Carol Nash

I used Carol Nash (policy with Aviva) for my first year on the CBF125.

Changed to a CBR600F at start of second year. After looking around I found Casol Nash to be the best for me. Again the policy was with Aviva so I contacted Aviva direct & they were 40% higher than Carol Nash.

And you get a free Datatag kit so for me it's Carol Nash/Aviva.

Reply to this Topic
teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

avoid

Avoid MCE. They are usually the cheapest but are impossible to contact. Their staff are useless and they out right lie. They made up a claim that I suposedly made when wanting my certificate of no claims to transfer policy, but couldn't tell me what it was or when. After much complaining and several months of hassle they later said they didn't know what I was talking about and I had not made a claim!!!:blink: Also after sorting out the previous problem my renewal went from £479 to £1749 with an extra years no claims and no additional changes.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Avoid MCE

X2.... fcuking useless,and as TW said impossible to contact.:mad:

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i use ebike and they are great and good deal to.
plus they give you free cover for going to up.

Reply to this Topic
scorps

Jan 03

scorps says:

ebike are crap

been with then 7 years, last years quote for gsxr750 was £126 plus an additional £15 to cover six months insurance on the shadow on a multi policy, to insure the shadow on its own come renewal. £152.28. they wont get my custom again so now im hunting for a decent quote. go from a fast sport bike to laid back cruiser and it goes up with 10 years no claims,I think not.:mad:

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

MCE cheap and nasty

i took a policy out through MCE and after 6 months of trying to get them to send me the policy documents and them insisting each time copies had been sent i discovered there was no policy in force so i had been riding uninsured.

TOP TIP

read the small print not just on yourdocuments but also on the website to make sure you know what you are buying

Reply to this Topic
LEO61

Aug 08

LEO61 says:

rpm

I use motorcycle direct. Clearly laid out policy, friendly staff, and a good price for my policy. :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices