Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN August 1: Rossi back to Yamaha General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN August 1: Rossi back to Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New MCN August 1: Rossi back to Yamaha

In this week's MCN, out August 1, we have nine-pages of MotoGP news as Rossi looks set to make a return to the factory Yamaha team. That leaves a free ride at Ducati with Nicky Hayden, but who's lined up to replace Rossi? Also in this week's issue we see if the new MV Agusta Brutale 675 can knock the Triumph Street...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 July 2012 11:28)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

speculation

what MCN appear to be reporting as fact can only be speculation as Rossi said he would not make a decision until he returned from the summer break!

C'mon MCN surely you can do better than that

maybe you could intercept his phone calls (on second thoughts)......

Reply to this Topic
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

Risky & Desperate

Seems that the whole MotoGP thing has gone mad at the moment. Rossi back to Yam is speculation although there seems to be an inevitability about it as he would bring Fiat sponsorship - which is obviously now a problem for Ducati being owned by Audi. On top of that it is clear that no matter what, Rossi has clearly given up on the Ducati. The fact that Hayden beats him on the same lump of metal is testament to that. Plus it seems Rossi is not universally popular with the Ducati team. It all adds up to parting of the ways. However for Rossi this is a risk. He has an incredible reputation and success in the premier class and he risks clouding his dog days with poor results on the Duke and probable humiliation by Lorenzo on the Yam. I'd say that he would be better off in WSB on a Duke adding to his titles.

Reply to this Topic
SStyloF

Oct 10

SStyloF says:

Can he?

If you look at the way the top3 are throwing those 1000s around and the pace they are setting, I think Rossi will find it tougher than his 2010 season return. Then again, I would like to be proved wrong.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Yamaha are a racing team. The No1 and No2 rider position and team orders have never been in place too much before to any degree, just look at all the stats from previous years of JL and VR there was no favouritism to race results they both beat each other with no obvious fixes – the results speak for themselves.
Both guys are demon racers. JL is the current remaining factory rider albeit with a factory struggling with finance and lack of sponsors, undoubtedly far behind Honda’s budget but still going well. VR the guy who could bring a lot with him to aid the factory budget and progress the bike. I see it as pretty much a level playing field in the garage, so let the racing begin and the best man win!

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

nailed on

i dont think mcn would go to press with this unless they had been given a nod.I think its nailed on,back to yamaha with tail firmly between his legs.lorenzo will murder him.Again.Reminds me of the ageing footballer in search of one final big pay day/hurrah.Should be a yamaha 1/2 next season.could be the death knell for moto gp.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Kidding right 955?

MCN will always go to press with a Rossi headline on the front page. They've done it for years mate, any opportunity to use his name to grab headlines and sell more copies - many occasions with a 'non' story. it's lazy journalism personified I'm sad to say. They're part of the reason Motogp is struggling for new media stars, for 15 years they've had all their eggs in one basket. I hope he does go to Yamaha too but don't believe it just cos its in MCN.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

A Little Bird Told Me.....

A certain VAG (not to be confused with...erm... oh never mind) department are....ahem "Beavering away" on a top secret project co developed by Suzuki involving a V10 Desmodronic Formula 1 engine with a radical 4wd chassis code named SUZI QUAT RO SS1. Sources also report....Renault are in talks with Jorge and a dwarf from HRC to develop the LO REN ZO. A certain Mr Stoner was heard to say It's Just "CHATTER".

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Get it???

SUZI QUAT RO SS1... V... LO REN ZO. !!!

Reply to this Topic
robzx6r636

Aug 12

robzx6r636 says:

rossi

If this is true my admiration for Rossi has dropped . Cant tame the Ducati and take the easy way back to Yamaha . Moto gp racing is so boring if its not lorenzo its stoner and maybe pedrosa nobody else has a chance of winning . WSB is much more exciting .

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

It amazes me how much stick Rossi gets on here, footballers do it all the time, move on and it dont work out so they move on again.  Big deal if it never worked out. 

Stoner Got so fed up with the bike being so bloody crap (look at when he crashed on bloody sighting lap) that he jumped ship to Honda.  Granted that Ducati's treatment to Stoner more than helped make his mind up to go.

Rossi can't get the Duke to work for him (so what). Get over it haters. 

I understand a few of his (Rossi) followers on here can be retards but so are some of Stoners, don't mean that we should all jump on Rossi's back. Look how much Stoner was being questioned on his latter time at Ducati, everybody thought his skill was a quick flash in 07 with Ducati capitalising on engine change but no, now on the Honda he is showing that his ability is without question one of the best going, just as Rossi's was and hopefully still is.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle