Skip to content

Discuss This Hein Gericke UK placed into Administration General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Hein Gericke UK placed into Administration

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

Hein Gericke UK placed into Administration

Hein Gericke UK has been placed into administration with buyers for the British arm of the German parent company now being sought. The administrators, Moorfields Corporate Recovery are looking to sell the business and have invited interested parties to get in touch by Monday 6th August. Simon Thomas, of Moorfields said “While on-going economic pressures have affected sales in recent years...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 July 2012 11:39)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Doug45

Mar 08

Doug45 says:

When does the sale start?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

This would be the wrong time to take my leaky jacket back then?

Reply to this Topic
Dougald

Apr 12

Dougald says:

Really bad news.. but I can't help think that maybe it's because of their permanent fire-sales on HG products. Whenever I see HG have another sale on I feel about as enthused to go there as I do to DFS

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

This is a real disaster in my opinion. My local HG shop has always been reliable and helpful and in my opinion, stocks good quality products with a good choice of prices to suit all. Lets hope someone takes over who can make a go of it.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

God dammit

Where am I going to try helmets on now before buying off of eBay? :(

I jest, by way of making a point.  Bricks and mortar stores are a use-them-or-lose-them resource.  I'm more of a J&S chap, but I'll swing by the local HG and see if there's anything I desperately need now that I know it exists.

Best of luck to the staff, I hope it's a quick and painless buy out or phoenix deal.

Reply to this Topic
buckr

Jan 09

buckr says:

Probably not going to get the £600 worth of new leathers I've saved up for and ordered and paid for yesterday then.

Good stores or not they went into administration yesterday and were still taking money.

Nothing short of robbery. What chance do the average people who have orders with them have of getting thier money returned or goods paid for ?

Reply to this Topic
david40blade

Mar 09

david40blade says:

It is not good news for the industry, evidently they did have a few poorer performing stores they should have got rid of a while ago.

More for the rest of us in the industry? I am not sure. It was interesting to see a survey of bike registrations (by county) in an industry magazine yesterday, that attributed a big decline in Wiltshire to the George White closure.

It is a difficult trading time at the moment and yes, they have some good staff.

buckr, hopefully you will sort your issue out with the shop or the administrator.

Reply to this Topic
DilR1

Jul 12

DilR1 says:

@ Hedgehog 5

If its goretex, get some nikwax techwash and tx i think it is, both sachets (can get from camping shop if hg doors are shut) and follow the instructions on them. Usually revives most goretex products. And keep up regular washing with nikwax products to keep it performing, Goretex stops working properly when it gets a bit crapped up.

Hope this helps

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Hein Gericke UK has been placed into administration

Not that suprised tbh, tough times,shame though, really liked their clothing.

The guys at the Reading store have always been helpful,greet you with a smile and an offer of a tea,hope they find a buyer so the staff don't lose their jobs.:unsure:

A sad day indeed.:upset:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shallwedance

Aug 11

shallwedance says:

Hein Gericke

Not surprised really the one near me never had what i wanted in :-(

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy