Skip to content

Discuss This Hein Gericke UK placed into Administration General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Hein Gericke UK placed into Administration

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

Hein Gericke UK placed into Administration

Hein Gericke UK has been placed into administration with buyers for the British arm of the German parent company now being sought. The administrators, Moorfields Corporate Recovery are looking to sell the business and have invited interested parties to get in touch by Monday 6th August. Simon Thomas, of Moorfields said “While on-going economic pressures have affected sales in recent years...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 July 2012 11:39)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Shame

One in Stoke always helpful. Hope they sort something out and continue. Only draw back with this business model is that the 'clothes' have to be that good they tend to last a long time - thus having to replace is more a 'want' than a necessity.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

It's not just HG you should worry about. Take a look in your local high street and see the shops that have closed down. This recession is killing the UK. The internet has also stuck the knife in. It's OK saying I'll look on ebay for the same item but cheaper but everytime you do so, another shop gets closer to shutting down. With that, people lose their jobs and their homes.

Give it a couple of years and most towns will just be commuter towns where everybody lives and shops online but travel to big cities for work. Towns will be dead and people will become isolated, reliant on the internet for everything.

If you care about your community, you need to get off your arse, get away from the computer and get out there and buy things from local shops. If you don't, you may find alot more shops and stores like HG going belly up.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

The Newcastle on Tyne shop always seems quiet. Have had some nice gear from the shop over the years and the quality is decent.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

kl595

spot on there fella... The "Hollow" Internet is killing The high street but to survive Both this Recession and the Internet you have to adapt. This Recession has been around for about 5 years now and looks set to be around for a few years yet. Small Businesses can Survive but they have to "box Clever" Good old fashioned Service and Knowledge make a lot of difference. My local HG shop would not budge on the £500.00 price of my new Shuberth Helmet even though I could save About £120.00 on the Internet,they Muttered something about low margins and Demand, but nevertheless £120.00 dearer I bought it from them. Didn't help them though.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Retail is dead, online and pure imports are taking off like a rocket. While I believe in supporting ones local store I love a bargain and if that bargain is 20% cheaper wherever that is well then im there. Stores like HG have monster overheads and staffing costs and in todays climate of people battling to pay the bills those businesses are right in the firing line. I hope the staff can get into something else ok as a very good mate of mine manages one of the stores but make no mistake the writing was on the wall a long long time ago.

Reply to this Topic
Ridefree

Jun 08

Ridefree says:

Internet

Internet killing shops? Actually the're kiling themselves. Most shops have jumped on the internet bandwagon without thinking through the consequences. Prices should be cheapest in the shop and a bit more by internet.. So if you live in a remote location or can't get to the shops you pay a bit more and order over the internet. If you can get to the shop you benefit by a cheaper price and they have enough trade to survive.

Or do it the present way, which is - go to shop to inspect the goods and check sizes etc, then buy cheaper over the internet, have free delivery to the shop and collect. What genius business manager thought of that as a business model for survival.

Also HG have never had anything in my large (but not too large ) size. Staff have been uninterested and unhelpful to me (with the occasional exception). OK I don't look the typical biker, but doimg 8000 miles each year solely on leisure motorcycling I do need some gear. But never prepared tp pay the prices that are interstellar in price but made in Vietnam. HG think we are German and can all afford a GS. Welcome to the UK, HG.

Reply to this Topic
marval

Nov 03

marval says:

HG Admin

Just me then, I simply have to buy less expensive kit. End of range clothing, discontinued helmets, bargain gloves from the NEC. It must be my fault!

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Rip off Britain

Well this is rip off Britain where everything costs a fortune.

We pay 12 grand for an R1; why is it only 12,000 dollars in the USA?

The answer is that our government put a special luxury tax on all hobby goods AND THEN they stick VAT on top of that. This effectively doubles the price of everything that we buy.

We're the only country in the world that pays tax on its tax.

You couldn't make it up.

Reply to this Topic
r1150

Jun 05

r1150 says:

TOOOOOOO Expensive

my mrs looked at getting some shoulder pads for her hg jacket the other day and they were £19 each!! way to much ..so she didn't ....not supprisng they've gone under. everyone needs to come down with the prices or become part of the recession.simple.

Reply to this Topic
cookiejar128

Aug 12

cookiejar128 says:

Short sighted

As a customer of Hein Gericke for over 30 years this is sad news indeed. I have always been impressed by the quality and design of their products and have been saved serious injury on more than one occasion when I was involved in RTA's while wearing their clothing. It is clear from the comments below that a high number of people are more interested in protecting their own pockets rather than seeing this development as a significant detriment to our continued choice of quality motorcycle clothing. It is competition within industry that helps to keep prices in check while also maintaining quality. When choice is decreased then surviving retailers hold the market niche and they will inevitably set their prices to suit the limited choice. I know that the internet has now given greater choice to buy goods on an international scale but this form of shopping holds many pitfalls such as decreased quality and difficulty with returns/guarantees. Plus overseas package and postal costs are high and load the price of any 'bargain'. The staff at my local HG in the West Midlands are nothing short of brilliant, they give incredible service, have excellent product knowledge and for this reason alone I hope the company is saved as these people deserve to keep their jobs.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle