Skip to content

Discuss This Hein Gericke UK placed into Administration General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Hein Gericke UK placed into Administration

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

Hein Gericke UK placed into Administration

Hein Gericke UK has been placed into administration with buyers for the British arm of the German parent company now being sought. The administrators, Moorfields Corporate Recovery are looking to sell the business and have invited interested parties to get in touch by Monday 6th August. Simon Thomas, of Moorfields said “While on-going economic pressures have affected sales in recent years...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 July 2012 11:39)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

unfortunately unless the british government uses it's power to kickstart our economy again.

perhaps by seperating us from europe kill many birds with one stone this will continue to happen  

Reply to this Topic
hondacbrpaul

Dec 03

hondacbrpaul says:

Hein Gericke closure...

I can't say I'm shocked that this has happened. Whenever I have been in my local store it has always been empty and the prices were never that appealing. The staff were never helpful whenever I visited the shop and if you didn't buy anything after looking round they looked at you in disgust as you walked out.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

reduce fuel duty

environmentalists have caused this and we let them, the government (this one and the previous one) have been adding environ. taxes to fuel and everything to make it look like the uk had growth, due to the fact that we had inflation. people have no extra money to buy anything because of fuel prices and then everything has become more expensive as a result. when was the last time you saw an environmentalists on the TV saying increase fuel they are all hiding behind the trees. we should protest, but we are british, so we are not going to get people out on the streets, but the whole of the uk, everyone should not buy a single item or product on the day of the month of the month like the 8/8/12 buy nothing the 9/9/12 as a protest to anything you like don't buy anything.

Reply to this Topic
captainscott

Jun 12

captainscott says:

HG Goodbye.

Shame, had some top kit from them over the years but you can buy kit in Liddle and Aldi nowdays. Not the same quality but the price is right.

The UK needs jobs. No jobs no fun.

Shame.

Reply to this Topic
2wheels2ride

Aug 12

2wheels2ride says:

Hein Gericke

It well be a big loss to us Bikers, absolutely great kit & you will have trouble finding better. I could see it coming, shops where never busy, they need to change there model, so they had it coming. Hein Gericke need to down size, half the amount of shops and use there internet side more. Shops cost to much, and its the rent that's killing them. Many of the shops could be merged, but there are several that need re-locating and merging together. Bike kit should be sold by bikers, they have a good idea what they are talking about when it comes to bike stuff, the middle managers, or area managers do not. so get shot of the middle/area managers

Reply to this Topic
manlow

Aug 02

manlow says:

Heine Gericke

I've been in the Plymouth branch on many an occasion and been the only person in there on each occasion. The staff were so bored they used to pounce on you when you walked through the door.

Although the kit was of good quality, much of it was overpriced.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Laughing so hard at reports on the "sale"

i.e. it's just the usual 10-20% discount that you always get in one of their bullshit eternal sales"; some shops have had their till discounts disabled so they can't offer any more; high end non-HG gear has actually gone UP in price; and they've had more boots through the doors since they got this free publicity than they've had for months.

Seems they've finally discovered some business savvy. ;)

Reply to this Topic
Beer&Darts

Apr 08

Beer&Darts says:

I've just today had a look into this so-called sale and I wish I had to the chance to read Rogerborg's comment before I made the trip. 20% off already inflated marked prices does not constitute the sort of saving you could expect to see from a chain that is planning on closing its doors for good. It was just more of the same nonsense all over again. Yes, the store had plenty of people in it, but there were very few who looked to foolish enough to actually buy anything of value. Instead, I heard several mutterings that the prices had been put up so they could be marked down, a trick as old as the hills. Looking through the still fully stocked shelves and seeing the price tags I had plenty of time to dwell on the reasons that the business has gone down the tubes - seeing row after row of the same dourly styled and coloured cordura and leather items they peddle out at silly pre-"sale" prices, I was in no doubt what they were. Even the stuff they buy from other manufacturers such as A*'s and Dianese is dull as fuck. HG is like the Marks and Spencer of the motorcycling world - out of vogue and not geared towards value for money. I fail to see how that is a business model with potential for growth, even though the administrators are clearly putting faith in that claim continuing to operate it like the way it has been run since the year dot.

Reply to this Topic
2wheels2ride

Aug 12

2wheels2ride says:

Hein Gericke, prices

Hein Gericke prices, Further to Beer&Darts comments, I agree, with the statement of some of the kit/equipment is marked up only to be sold at a 20% or 30% discount. I will give a typical example I brought a Oxford hardcore XL chain and lock, It was marked up at £89.99, yet the book price was £79.99 this is £10 over the Hein Gerike book price. it was discounted by 20% Hein Gerike, you owe me £10 what do they have to say about that? f*#ck all I think. They can stuff the money, but before any body else spends money at Hein Gerike, check all on line shops before you buy discounted kit from them. YOU WILL GET IT CHEAPER ON LINE FROM OTHER SHOPS

Reply to this Topic
fivebyfive

Aug 06

fivebyfive says:

Just too expensive

This is the inevitable outcome of carrying too much overpriced HG stock. HG quality is good, but this is the UK not Germany and things have been and HG continue to be overpriced by 30%.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle