Skip to content

Discuss This Hein Gericke UK placed into Administration General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Hein Gericke UK placed into Administration

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

Hein Gericke UK placed into Administration

Hein Gericke UK has been placed into administration with buyers for the British arm of the German parent company now being sought. The administrators, Moorfields Corporate Recovery are looking to sell the business and have invited interested parties to get in touch by Monday 6th August. Simon Thomas, of Moorfields said “While on-going economic pressures have affected sales in recent years...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 July 2012 11:39)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"bullshit eternal sales"

"marked up" ..........blahblahblah.

seems they've been bought buy DFS :unsure:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Let's hope the administrators can come up with a sensible business plan, because whether you like the firm or not, at least you can take kit back to them if it goes wrong. I've always found the staff at my local branch very helpful, sadly they don't dictate the prices of their stock. HG management may have either got greedy or failed to read their UK market properly. I'd hate to see more people out of work, so fingers crossed for a positive solution.

Reply to this Topic
sovrec

Sep 11

sovrec says:

HG - would be sadly missed

Overpriced ? maybe Good gear ? certainly ..it would be a real shame to lose a bike shop network like HG - there are few left and at least HG had friendly helpful staff, a good returns policy and customer service ethic that is sadly missing in many other places... A big chain recently went down (hrmm!...*GW*) but when you visited their store it was crammed full of absolute tat, few real bargains and wasn't actually that cheaper than anywhere else.. HG had good discount sales (not the current one obviously and good loyalty card scheme) ... I know people are looking after their cash but anyone can freely choose where they shop - it would just be a major shame for the staff and for us to lose some visible competition off of the 'high street'...

Reply to this Topic
pyeo

Aug 02

pyeo says:

No bargains

Checked out my local store and they'll need to discount by more than 20 per cent if the want everything to go!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

So the staff are saying they've been bought by ze Germans

Of course, MCN will have the scoop. ;)

Reply to this Topic
2wheels2ride

Aug 12

2wheels2ride says:

warrent, and how ma.y stores sid rhey close

How many stores did they close, the new owners closed too many, and some of them the kept open !!! The staff where crap, look at maidstone and Braintree, should close those 2 stores as well. I want to see if the new owners will stand by the 2 year warranty, if not, any body who brought before the 31st of July means their warrenty is worth shit.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle