Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Is Rossi making the right move? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Is Rossi making the right move?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Is Rossi making the right move?

It's looking very likely that Rossi is on the way back to Yamaha. Is he making the right move?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 July 2012 17:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Head held high

Lol, i ment with what he's achieved in his career not at Ducati. Should have worded that better :)

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Wish Id Never Tryed It !

What If Id never tryed it,he should write another autobiography called Wish Id never tryed it ! Rossi made his bed so to speak & has had to lie in it for 2 years.He made Yamaha an ultimatum thinking they would choise him over Jorge & it back fired.

If Rossi was the great sports man every body says he was then he would have welcomed a strong team mate like Lorenzo instead of blocking any worthy adversary.Rossi should have congratulated Jorge on winning the title publicly & said "Well done",given Jorge a pat on the back & said "I will beat you next year" with a smile & a wink.PR job well done,No,he throws all his toys out the pram publicly,what an idiot,& from a rider who is supposed to be a PR genius.

Rossi got wot he deserved for his treatment of Jorge & has had his nose rubed it for 2 years as a result.Any way,is Rossi making the right move in returning to Yamaha,Yes,absolutly.Its his only sensible choice,if he sticks with Ducati he will only further tarnish his reputation.

Rossis move to Ducati has smashed his career,he has gone from Hero to zero over night like so many who have taken the Ducati gamble.If he stays with Ducati hes a bigger idiot than I thought & he will retire as a faliure.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Best Riders / Best Bikes

bloodbubble - Spot on ! The very best riders get the very best bikes & its a combination of the two that wins championships,its that simple.Even Casey or Jorge would stuggle to win a championship on a satellite bike.I would even go so far as to say it would be impossible.

As you can read bellow Im defenatly not a Rossi fan but look what Rossi was able to acheive in a wet race on the Duke.It just goes to show that Rossi is still competative as the rain is a great equalizer when it comes to machinery.In the dry the bike plays a lot bigger part in the final result.

Im dont think however that Rossi would be able to beat either Jorge or Casey any more,but Dani,maybe.I hope he will sign for Yamaha so we can see next season exactly what he is capable of with no excuses.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Team Orders? Support Rider?

I have to wonder if Yamaha would ALLOW Rossi to beat Jorge if he found himself able to.  I'm sure all Yamaha wants is the money Rossi can bring in.  Do they care if he can possibly battle for the title?  Or would they underhandedly set him up to perform as #2 with no chance at #1.  Would they keep him down deliberately as a way to prove a point?  The point being that Rossi left on bad terms.

Can Rossi trust Yamaha?  Without Burgess there, how will he know if his technicians and programmers are holding back on the technical aspects?  He has no one to look out for his best interest anymore.

Reply to this Topic
Kando

May 11

Kando says:

In my opinion Rossi should definatly join Yamaha, I don't think he's over the hill, his riding style just doesn't suit the Ducati. Like Lorenzo99 said he still shows talent in wet races which are a great example of a riders ability.

I agree he may not be able to domanate Lorenzo but he will definatly give him a run for his money. If this does happen it will in turn fill a void in the moto gp due to stoner's retirement. Hopefully it will lead to some great racing again between them like in Catalunya 2009.

For the record my favourite GP rider is Lorenzo before anyone accuses me of been one sided for Rossi!

Bottom line is it should definatly inject some excitement into racing to see Rossi challenging for podiums.

P.s I would love yamaha to give Cruthclow a factory ride too, now that would make things intresting!

Reply to this Topic
ChrisSYD

Nov 08

ChrisSYD says:

viva la shit pig

He has turned the race wining ducati into a shitpig that no one can ride, i would be worried at yamaha , once he gets there the M1 will be running in 7th-10th and a shitpig, shitpig developer,shitpig poo pusher and turd denter

Reply to this Topic
mickdel

May 03

mickdel says:

shitpig?

You need to enlarge your vocabulary.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

shitpig

is milkys saying you retard, anyone can say it, he is just using the same term, viva la full of shit, i cannnoottttaagggoanyyyffffassssttttersssssss, shit the bed, change the fucking record and bugger off to world supers where you ass will be handed to you, oh i forgot it happenning right here in your series, retire with your head down before you ruin your career even worse when cal on your old duke whoops you ass. homo sucking jarvis anal ass sucker. money talks, yes but bullshit certainly rides.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

Lorenzo99, you’re post is spot on! I do think/hope Rossi is fighting Lorenzo, Marquez and Pedrosa for the win every week!

ChrisSYD, Umm ok…. He did a good job last time he was at Yamaha and as for the Ducati, who did any good on it really apart from Stoner? Melandri? NO Sete? Definite NO, Caparosi? Almost. It was shit before and it’ll stay shit after. What they (Ducati) need to do is approach Dorna and ask if they can have 250cc on the rest of the field because the bike’s crap! Worked in superbikes so who not here :)

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

ow01fog

Are you talking about Stoner? He can’t retire until the end of the year but I’m glad someone other than me is looking forward to seeing the back of that miserable little turd.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices