Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Is Rossi making the right move? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Is Rossi making the right move?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Is Rossi making the right move?

It's looking very likely that Rossi is on the way back to Yamaha. Is he making the right move?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 July 2012 17:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

The Amusing Race

This detour gives Rossi two choices - each with its pros and cons.

Ducati cons - still not working for him after 1.5 seasons, and now even his teammate is beating him (see rule #1 of racing).  Engineers seem to be running out of ideas .. or new parts at least.

Ducati pros - now have large financial backers  Plus there is the pride thing to "finish the job".

Yamaha cons - definite #2 rider slot with all that entails.  Failure to launch would significantly tarnish his reputation as he couldn't blame the bike.

Yamaha pros - when set up well and ridden smoothly it is almost impossible to beat.  Guaranteed podium contender every round (not just the wet ones).

Personally - I think he should sign a 1-year contract with Ducati and give it his best shot.  Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen if Laguna Seca is any guide.

Reply to this Topic
travis73

Jun 07

travis73 says:

Decision...

What decision has Rossi made that we should be voting on?

And Luke 7R... No He's talking about Rossi. And yes you would be one of a few with that point of view. Most of us will miss the sight of him manhandling a motogp bike around the track, sliding it etc. The only one to regularly do so.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

HAHAHAHA

BACK TO YAMAHA?? EAT HIS OWN SPIT??? LOL.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Why is ducati begging rossi to stay?

Why is ducati begging rossi to stay? If ducati bike is fine why beg rossi to stay? The ducati is a piece of shit.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

The Ducati has been a piece of shit for two years parris.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

SURE

Sure Yamaha

why would he stay and ride this way when he can be competative on a M1 again.

it make sno sense to stay.

go back to Yamaha and step on the podium more often and win some races.

Reply to this Topic
Tsissios

Jan 06

Tsissios says:

Ducati Vs Yamaha

As much as i like the Italian combination Rossi - Ducati, i don't think that Audi's money will help straighten up the Ducati's problems in just one year.

I think Rossi should go back to Yamaha with the thirst to be no. 1 again, forget the "ego" problems, and focus on victory so that we an have a good show.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

What the L?

The Ducati will never be competitive with the L  V four engine. As soon as they narrow the angle to 75 deg or less they will be able to get the mass centered around where the center of gravity should be and then it will work. However as they sell nothing but L V engined bikes that is not going to happen any time soon. Rossi don't need the money. He would be foolish to turn down the Yamaha ride.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Kando...

"Like Lorenzo99 said he still shows talent in wet races which are a great example of a riders ability."

He's scrambled from over a minute off the pace in the wet at Silverstone last year to 10 secs off the wet pace this year... which one should we use as the great example? When was the last wet race he actually won? 2008? I think at best you could call Rossi in the wet a bit hit & miss. Wet races are a great example... of a rider's ability to ride in the rain... a lot of the inequalities in the machine are levelled out... all sorts of people have won wet races but they're not necessarily the sort who could jump on a top machine & achieve results in the dry.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

rossi wet performance

2nd place at le mans with a last lap overtake of stoner, i'd say that proves he has still got potential.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices