Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Is Rossi making the right move? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Is Rossi making the right move?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Is Rossi making the right move?

It's looking very likely that Rossi is on the way back to Yamaha. Is he making the right move?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 July 2012 17:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Last comment

Well said ElDiablo73, you probably had an LC and grew up watching Gardner, Rainey etc!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

ElDiablo...

"I would also like to point out that when Stoner (he is a formidable rider) started to win with Ducati, the thing was15km per hour faster on the straights than anything else!"

Mugello, the circuit with one of the longest straights in the MotoGP, where the advantage would be most noticable... 2007, Stoner on the Duc 317kph to Rossi's 311 on the Yam... 2012, Rossi on the Duc 346kph to Stoner's 340... not much in it is there, but the Ducati's still faster. I've not been through every race but I haven't come across the 15kph difference you mention... perhaps you could point me to it... was it more than once?... mostly it seems it was in single figures like it is now, sometimes level.

"Now that they have improved their pneumatical systems the advantage is gone."

It's back it appears.

I don't think anyone has a particular problem with Rossi... just the hype & people quoting what they'd like to believe.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
alisdairm

Aug 09

alisdairm says:

Popmonkey69 wrote:-

"I can understand Rossi's issue in 09 with Jorge We've all had it at work where your putting all the effort in and the guy doing less work than you gets the same bonus"

It was the end of 2010 that Rossi had an issue with Lorenzo wanting equal pay and status as Rossi. The same year that Lorenzo was crowned the World champ, so I don't think you can compare Lorenzo to "the guy doing less work than you" after bagging the title, and the biggest points haul in MotoGP history.

I don't think Rossi on a M1 is going to do any worse than Ben this year.

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

at last

A decent post from ElDiablo73.
Someone that seems to have a decent concept of racing.
I am not a Rossi fan but ED73 you are quite correct when you say how disappointed you are about some of the comments as they are truely toxic and written by people that obviously just come on here to put riders down because they have probably done nothing with their lives and never will.
I come on here occasionally hoping to get a decent discussion but as yet it has never happened because mostly it is just childish banter and arguments that are not even remotely funny.
I have done a lot of racing over the years and it is quite apparent most on here dont have a clue what they are talking about.
Shame really because it has the potential of being a good forum for a good discussion.

Reply to this Topic
chrisyzf

Nov 03

chrisyzf says:

Rossi

Rossi the GOAT, well may be or may be not, he has not had a usable bike since joining Ducati, rule changes, and other manufacturers catching up.

To see if he is the GOAT, he needs to race the IOM TT, he has the skill, and he has been there to spectate, to surpass AGO, Hailwood, Dunlop as some of the greatest road racers of all time.

Can you imaging Rossi on Glen Clutchery Road, with Mcguiness, Dunlop, Martin etc, and full factory bikes like in the 80's and early 90's.

what a crowd puller that would be.

and just as a point of conjecture Stoner at the IOM TT, i dont think he has the balls, bit like comparing football players to rugby players, unless it is perfect and smooth all he does is winge.

Rossi at the TT, i would love it, cause he can and could win there.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

ElDiablo...

I can find loads of quotes saying all sorts of stuff that may or may not be true... but MotoGP.com has figures... I'll admit he may have been as fast in qualifying as 16kph on those nice qualifying tyres but in the races, where you're saying he had the advantage, the numbers I've seen don't back your claims up... though, as I said, I've not been through them all & will stand corrected if you can come up with them. Either way 15kph was not the norm as you seem to be depicting it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Top speed gets you zero points

Why the fixation on top speeds?  The Ducati bikes have been consistently fast over the years but have had very mixed results.  Why?  Because racetracks aren't built in a straight line.

The name of the game is getting into, around, and out of corners in the quickest possible time.  If you're crap at it then top speed isn't going to save you.  Remind me the last time a Ducati won a MotoGP race?

Rossi wasn't paid millions to fix a speed problem, but to find a solution to the front end problems.  He brought with him one of the best teams in the business so Ducati were confident that they would soon be back on top.  But the flaws in the bike were not going to be fixed in 80 weeks, let alone 80 seconds, even when Ducati ditched their individuality in a desperate attempt to provide Rossi with something more familiar.

Rossi will obviously be competitive if he gets the factory ride at Yamaha (heck - look at what Cal and Andrea are doing on the satellite bikes, for fecks sake!), but I don't think it is a positive move for MotoGP or its true fans.  We need more successful manufacturers, not less.

Reply to this Topic
Hyabusa1340

Apr 11

Hyabusa1340 says:

Back to Yamaha

Absolutely right - only Valentino can do it!:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
Hyabusa1340

Apr 11

Hyabusa1340 says:

Back to Yamaha

Absolutely right - only Valentino can do it!:tongue: